Nature Words/No Words: Color landscapes

OVI08184.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Harvest time soon.

Fog season is starting early this year:
OVI09123-Pano.JPG

Because of the heat wave, the ground is scorched and with the sudden drop of 12 C today the ground is going to be fogging a lot for the next few days:
OVI09101.JPG

These images were made 2 hours ago while walking my Little Legs:
OVI09156.JPG

I do hope the farmer can find his cows in the morning:
OVI09157.JPG

(I am noticing in this image strange circular banding with different exposure and colour shift. Though the image was made with Electronic Shutter so 12-bit RAW to keep the shutter shock low and avoid blurriness from low shutter speed, it was the end of golden hour at 21:10)

I was testing out the Meyer Optik Goerlitz Orestegor 200mm f 4 Zebra model in Exakta mount before having to sell it. The lens is sold already but I am not that sad about it, compared to all the other things I have just sold, because the image quality doesn't seem to be as interesting/unique as I had hoped from a German-manufactured lens.
OVI00754.JPG

At f 5.6 there's still a lot of global purple fringing that cools down the colour rendition and takes a lot of correction to make it more realistic.

OVI00756.JPG

Even at f 8, I am not seeing a distinct character to the lens, decent for landscape but not something I would use above other lenses.

OVI00774-Edit.JPG

This was the only image that impressed me overall and I was quite happy with the rendition (though it still needed to correct the colours). Oddly this lens seems to be happier with indirect light and in shade/shadows.

OVI00745.JPG

I am sadder about selling the E.Ludwig Meritar 50mm f 2.9 Silver model in Exakta mount because it has a more interesting and fun rendition of my handful of nifty fifties, which is not bad for a 1950s very small German manufacturer.

Back