Sony Worth Considering ? Sony RX1R

Kustom48

Regular
Name
ian drury
Hi,
Is the now 'old' RX1R a good used buy compared to other similar full frame compacts /
I currently use a Pen-F with various lenses and wondered if the extra pixels would make a real difference, I don't mind the fixed lens as I feel it would provide me with a different way of looking and being creative with my images.

I had a RX1 for a while. If 35 is your focal length and you can shoot off the screen and deal with mediocre AF, it is an astonishing sensor/lens combination. Fabulous raw files for the IQ aficionados. Old performance but great images even by current standards. Especially good if you get a deal. OTOH, the pen f with one of the better mu43 lenses is still competitive except for noise.

I had a RX1 for a while. If 35 is your focal length and you can shoot off the screen and deal with mediocre AF, it is an astonishing sensor/lens combination. Fabulous raw files for the IQ aficionados. Old performance but great images even by current standards. Especially good if you get a deal. OTOH, the pen f with one of the better mu43 lenses is still competitive except for noise.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Back