Fuji Would like to order Lance Camera straps for my X-E1 and my upcoming X100S - which?

The material feels like good quality. Time will tell if it holds up well. But the straps feels sturdy and can hold even heavy cameras with big lenses. I trust these straps!

For me the length is perfect. I ordered the 48" straps. I am almost 6 feet tall (182 cm), my upper body is longer than my legs (I have a wrestling type of body, not runner type body - so long upper body compared to legs). The X-E1 lays on my belly (which is flat due to a lot of exercise and healthy eating - I was 286 pound 1,5 years ago, now I am 180 pounds).

So if you have a flat belly (not a protruding one) - then it's nice to have the camera hanging there, at least for me. For my length the cord is perfect.

As for now, I have only an iPhone to take pics of the X-E1, as I don´t use the X100 (to keep down shutter count as I am going to trade it in for the X100s as soon as my local store got it). I´ll take photos of everything as soon as I got the X100s as well. But I could now post the unboxing pics of the straps.

I deeply recommend Lance camera straps.

Photos of Lance Camera Straps

These are the uploaded images. Just from X-E1 jpg:s in Velvia mode, no editing at all.
One of my cats was with me as he always is when I unbox things! So I included him in my unboxing pics :)

Attachments

• DSCF1152.jpg
    DSCF1152.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCF1154.jpg
    DSCF1154.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 668
  • DSCF1155.jpg
    DSCF1155.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 528
  • DSCF1156.jpg
    DSCF1156.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCF1157.jpg
    DSCF1157.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 585
With the Lance straps, do I recall correctly that you used to be able to order them with any different colour ring combination you wanted? Now it seems that its one colour only.

With the Lance straps, do I recall correctly that you used to be able to order them with any different colour ring combination you wanted? Now it seems that its one colour only.

You can still order them in different colors. The cord and the rings can be in different colors. I just ordered two of them in the same color as my Fuji X-E1 and upcoming X100s have the same type of colors on them (silver/black) and I have the same color on their leather cases (brown). I thought that orange rings are quite close to the brown cases and the black suits the black color on their bodies.

I want a similar look on both the X-E1 and X100s.

But you can order them in different colors.

What I mean is I believe with the Lance straps you used to be able to order ring patterns - for example 3-black, 2-red, 2-white, 2-blue, 3-black, resulting in a stripe pattern. It doesn't seem like you can do that anymore.

What I mean is I believe with the Lance straps you used to be able to order ring patterns - for example 3-black, 2-red, 2-white, 2-blue, 3-black, resulting in a stripe pattern. It doesn't seem like you can do that anymore.

Ok. I didn't know about that. I only knew about the "full" color choice.

Hi all,

New here with lots to read up on as I plan my any-day-now purchase of an X-E1 with a 14mm, 35mm and an 8mm Samyang. (And the 56mm when out later this year).

Sorry for the longish post…

As we will probably all agree on owning a decent camera is actually the quest for the perfect bag and strap, and for once the Lance straps look like the beautifully simple straps I'm after. (Though the dsptch ones look intriguing, albeit more fiddly). I too was looking at the Lance non-adjustable neck strap as Ramirez posted above. But I'm also keen on wrist straps, which I've used and loved on my soon to sell EOS. But there's something about the Fujis and the Lance straps that make me think that going back to using a neck strap might be ok.

So, my plan was to purchase the Lance neck strap AND the their wrist strap. I was going to attach a small carabiner to the ends of the neck strap and attach the wrist strap loop to the carabiner. (I even found a carabiner with a roller mechanism). I could then slide the carabiner/wrist strap attachment around on the neck strap and still have a quick release system to grab the camera/wrist strap when need be.

For those who have the Lance straps what do you think of this? Or is it so easy and secure to just wrap the neck strap around your hand?

Thanks

Simon

Hi all,

New here with lots to read up on as I plan my any-day-now purchase of an X-E1 with a 14mm, 35mm and an 8mm Samyang. (And the 56mm when out later this year).

Sorry for the longish post…

As we will probably all agree on owning a decent camera is actually the quest for the perfect bag and strap, and for once the Lance straps look like the beautifully simple straps I'm after. (Though the dsptch ones look intriguing, albeit more fiddly). I too was looking at the Lance non-adjustable neck strap as Ramirez posted above. But I'm also keen on wrist straps, which I've used and loved on my soon to sell EOS. But there's something about the Fujis and the Lance straps that make me think that going back to using a neck strap might be ok.

So, my plan was to purchase the Lance neck strap AND the their wrist strap. I was going to attach a small carabiner to the ends of the neck strap and attach the wrist strap loop to the carabiner. (I even found a carabiner with a roller mechanism). I could then slide the carabiner/wrist strap attachment around on the neck strap and still have a quick release system to grab the camera/wrist strap when need be.

For those who have the Lance straps what do you think of this? Or is it so easy and secure to just wrap the neck strap around your hand?

Thanks

Simon

I find my regular neck strap very easy to wrap around my arm and use it like a wrist strap. I have no need of a dedicated wriststrap with the Lance neck straps. They are sturdy, not like ordinary ones. So I use my neckstrap as a wriststrap too.

So nice and soft and flexible?

Yep. Nice and smooth on my neck, I can walk all day long with my X-E1 hanging form my neck with the zoom lens. No strain at all.

Sturdy too when I use it as a kind of wrist strap.

I recommend the strap that I bought, I have never had this experience before with other camera straps.

Back