1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Would like to try ?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Ripleysbaby, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    The Nikon DF is buzzing around in my head at the moment.

What’s interesting you ?

2. christilou

christilou Legend

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Hmmm.... Hasselblad X1D.... dream on :flypig: sigh....

3. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator Moderators Team

Apr 3, 2013
    Using the $25 newly repaired 24~85 AF-S VR ED G (M-O-U-S-E) ON the Df- just got back from a walk in the neighborhood shooting some pictures.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Matero

Matero Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    Nikon Df, and I'm really glad after short testing I followed my instinct. It seems really my type camera, now considering between Voigtländer 58mm F1.4 Nokton SLII or Carl Zeiss Planar T 50mm F1.4 DF.2 for it together with Nikkor 50mm F1.4 from seventies o_O 

DF0_6095 Selfie 2048.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rayvonn

rayvonn All-Pro

Jan 19, 2015
    Ooh, definitely give the Nokton 58mm a go. One of the few bits of gear left that I refused to sell. It's a keep for life lens.

6. Matero

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    Yes, I believe Nokton is great lens. I just happen to have CZ Planar pre-owned available. That’s the wrestle :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator Moderators Team

Apr 3, 2013
    Do not overlook a late Nikkor 50/1.2 Ais. The later version added a couple more aperture blades. I picked up one "mint-in-box" for $400.

8. Matero

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    @rayvonn@rayvonn, you just pushed me over the edge. I ordered Nokton and left CZ Planar alone. After intensive reading I couldn't decide, but your comment finally helped. Now just need to wait Nokton to arrive as well as magnifying eyepiece for Df...

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. This camera definitely has my interest. The light weight and ease of use are attractive.

Insta360 ONE X - Own the moment.

It would be my first step into video. I would edit my videos down from 360 degrees to fit in one screen with no user option to pan and zoom. The idea of shoot now, compose later is interesting. I believe video editing will take more time than still photo editing, but this camera's editing software and the stabilization in the camera should save some time there.

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderators Team

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I wish I had this when I was a teenager.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Administrator

Nov 3, 2018
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I'm glad that when I was a teenager that everybody didn't have a camera in their pocket.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. I’m glad there are very few permanent records of some of the things I did and said when I was a kid. :)  Growing up in this era would be a lot different - balancing having fun and trying different things with maintaining a public persona that is preserved in social media.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderators Team

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I just want amazing 360 bullet-time HD video of me flying my older brothers janky 60s Schwinn bicycle off my crudely homemade ramp....and catching that look on my face when I experience the pain of landing (my teenage brain hadn't planned on what happens with the physics of the bike landing, and a body in motion tending to stay in motion)

But yeah.....I certainly don't want the rest of what you all are implying. I appreciate the relative anonymity with which I was able to live my teenage years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. You did that too? And all along I thought I had a patent on teenage ignorance!

15. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    Looking at the XE3, now that prices have settled a bit. I have this love/dislike relationship with Fuji.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Thinking of getting an Olympus E-M1. The E-M10 ii is another possibility but the 1 has a much better grip, I think. I’d like to try one out for a weekend but as it’s an old model I doubt that’s possible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mike3996

mike3996 Regular

Apr 2, 2018
    Why is this thread under "Fuji Cameras" o_O 

Anyway, unrelated to the choice of forums, would like to try the X-T3. You know, for free. There are some cameras I'd like to try for money, even some cameras I'd like to just buy (and sell if I didn't like them) but the X-T3 is currently just something I'd like to try...

18. muzee

muzee Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Leica Q ... but I will be waiting a long time.

19. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I had a good half hour playing with one . I then decided the XPro2 was a better camera for me. Regardless of cost.