Would you buy it?

Supposedly a firmware update is coming to speed up autofocus. But when I looked at the the performance of that sensor -- it really isn't any better then our micro four thirds cameras. I saw one very cheap and considered -- but I'm really not getting anything but "another system" -- I don't see any real advantage over what I have.

You're right, guys. Thanks for bringing me back to common sense! I think I may even add an older compact to my sig. Now I have the batteries for it, its back in service and I find I still like it (see the callistemon pods posted elsewhere), even though its "only" 3.2Mp, on a 1/2.5" sensor. It records in TIFF as well as jpg and thats good enough for me for some things.

I love the look that you get from the Canon sensors, with the caveat that you need to nurse them with respect to dynamic range compared to an Olympus/Samsung/Sony etc. $300 sounds like a steal, but the product just seems underdone. I'm sure that I could buy it and enjoy it but I don't see it adding anything to what I have.

Back