Fuji X-10 Sensor exchange - in the USA

I'd suggest that if you want to buy an X10 that you contact Fuji - heck you live in New Jersey so it's probably a local call. Seriously, they should be the ones to answer your questions. You can also contact them by email.

As for no one caring about the issues being straightened out you're wrong there I assure you - and there are plenty of us who are extremely happy about it and countless others who probably never noticed that there was anything at all wrong with their cameras. There are always going to be new cameras, larger and better sensors and all the rest so there's always going to be the new kid on the block. Of course we have quite a few members here who hold on to their old cameras for a long time...including their film cameras. I still have my OM-1. But back to your decision making - I think you have to go with which camera suits your needs and wants...which I know is easy to say and not always so easy to figure out...that's why so many people suffer from bouts of G.A.S., I think.

winx14, that's unfortunate to say the least and I hope you'll get back to us with Fuji's response. Did you see the dust particles when you looked dow into the lens?

Oh BB, I certainly care and I think Fuji's response has been quite good. And current X10 owners are thrilled, I'm sure. I'm just saying that the company essentially had a year-long advantage over other cameras in this class and it was lost. That's a pity.

Oh BB, I certainly care and I think Fuji's response has been quite good. And current X10 owners are thrilled, I'm sure. I'm just saying that the company essentially had a year-long advantage over other cameras in this class and it was lost. That's a pity.

I do see what you're saying about the year-long advantage, Biro - and a very good point it is. I also have to admit that I have not been paying attention to any of the new cameras except the X-Pro 1...and even on that one I knew I couldn't afford to get it at this point in my life so I stopped reading about the technical side and just enjoyed everyone's photographs. But now I'm completely taking this thread off track, so please forgive me.:blush:

Just an FYI because this came up in this string... It appears that the X10s for sale in brick-and-mortar stores have the new sensors. I picked one up at a Best Buy in New Jersey yesterday. A Fuji rep was there (on a Sunday!) and told me the examples for sale there had the new sensor. The X10 in her hands had a serial number beginning with 21A and the serial number of the camera I bought begins with 22A. I posted a seperate, longer message about this but since this question came up in this string, I figured I'd mention it here as well.

Wow are they quick, just received my new replacement camera, everything looks great, pretty impressed with how Fuji has handled this.

Back