Fuji X-10 Sensor exchange - in the USA

My latest email is confusing to say the least. Did they repair or just evavluate? Not sure what to think.

Your product was shipped back to you today, 6/21/2012. We ship all repairs via FedEx carrier service (USPS if PO Box is used). Your tracking number is : xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
A signature may be required to obtain your package.
You can check shipping status on the Web by clicking on the correct shipper links provided: FedEx: Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management or www.usps.com. You may also call to check the status by dialing 1-800-275-8777 for USPS or 1-800-659-3854 for Fed-X.

If your product was repaired/replaced, please inspect to ensure it is working properly and that all items were returned.

You can always check the status of your repair by visiting Order Status and using the Repair Reference Number above.

Please fill out the short repair quality survey at https://service.fujifilmusa.com/CameraRepairSurvey/

Thank you.

FUJIFILM Service and Support.

Please do not reply to this E-mail.

Daniel, did they include any reference to your camera's serial number? A few people have been getting replacement cameras with a 21Axxxx number in lieu of the 14Axxxx original.

The reference at the top of the email included my old camera's serial number, not a new one. I just called Fuji and he can't check the system for 24 hours once the camera has been transferred to a shipping status. He told me that he would call in the morning to find out. Maybe drd1135 or someone else who received the same email can check to see if they used the older serial number in the heading. could care less about new camera or old camera. I just want the sensor changed.

OK, now here's a really dumb question - how do I know what my "Order Reference Number" is?

P.S. Oh, I think I get it - it's not something one would have until one receives an email?

Thanks for the information.

Daniel,
My email said exactly the same thing (I just checked) including the old serial number. I got a new X-10 with a new serial number in the mail several days later.

It is reassuring that I will get the sensor fixed or swapped with a new camera. Fedex is estimated a June 26 delivery.

Got my notice of shipment from the folks at the Edison repair center late this afternoon. They had the camera for 5 1/2 days (part of the first day it had been mis-routed to the X100 guys). Impressive turnaround!

Got my notice of shipment from the folks at the Edison repair center late this afternoon. They had the camera for 5 1/2 days (part of the first day it had been mis-routed to the X100 guys). Impressive turnaround!

I have to agree. Fuji recived my camera on June 19, and shipped it on June 21. From door to door it should take 10 days total. Not bad if you ask me. On top of that, I will receive a new camera after 7 months of use. I was not planning on that. If the sensor works as advertised, I think Fuji has hit a home run on customer service.

Here's a real shot from the new sensor:
kennedy-1a-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The sensor seems to be it's old self except for the new orblessness. I'm excited even if the cat isn't.

Your cat may not be excited but she/her is beautiful and so is the image quality of this picture. Did you think that the eye's catch lights might have been blow before?

I'm not sure about the catch lights but I was glad to see the IQ hasn't deteriorated with the orb fix. It's a center-third crop of a 12 MP image, iso 1600, f2.8.

Back