Fuji X-100 First Shots

Ray,
It's obvious that the Fuji has provided a new freedom in your work.
There is a much more spontaneous look. Your really hitting and very very strong at that.
Don

Thanks so much Don and Rich. I think the focal length might make a bigger difference to me than the camera, but I'm not sure. Both the Fuji and the Nex feel VERY natural to shoot with and get out of the way very effectively. I love shooting with the Nex and the 16, but I come back with very different photographs, much more about big compositions and lots of converging lines, and a lot less intimate in terms of the people. Shooting with the Fuji (or with the GF1/17 or LX5 set to 35mm) tends to bring the people back in front and center in a more intimate way and sometimes the compositions have less going on. I have no idea whether I'm still gonna want the 24 when it becomes available for the Nex. As much as I'm enjoying the Fuji, there might be no need to duplicate that focal length on the Nex. Time'll tell.

-Ray

Thanks BB. It was just a half hour or so walking around the stadium before the game. Then we settled in to watch the game and see the Phillies lose again! Last year they finished with the best record in baseball - we went to about a dozen games and I think they won 2-3 of them. This year they have the best pitching staff of any team in decades and have a great record - they've lost 3 of the four games we've had tickets for. My wife and I are starting to take it personally.

It was definitely a fun Mother's Day crowd though...

-Ray

Back