Fuji X-A1 superior image quality to X-M1 (and X-E1 and X-PRO1)?

I am trying very hard not to feel a serious attack of G.A.S.! As I posted earlier today over on SC - I should have listened to you when you first said you thought this would be a very handy camera for me, Rico.

I use all the X series cameras for work and they all look the same to me and I often recommend the X-A1 because of the price

I have to admit my worry about the X-A1 diluting the Fuji mojo appears unfounded -- and I started this thread, lol.

Love my little X-M1 so I can't imagine anyone being very unhappy with the X-A1 either. My Fuji's become more "permanent" every time I shoot. I might actually not have to change camera systems again and that's a good thing. I have faith Fujifilm is going to make these things better and better.

I am surprised at the longevity of this thread, however...

Well, after having the x10, and switching from Nikon to Fuji, it was actually the exr/x-trans appeal that took me... But then again I've got no experience with the x-a1, but I can only tell I'm really, really fond of the x-e1. Every time I just want to pick it up and shoot.. So it brought back joy. And if the x-a1 does it as well... It's a good camera I think!

I have faith Fujifilm is going to make these things better and better.

I does really seem like the Fuji system is something you can 'invest' in. Admittedly I figured that once Fuji started releasing more entry level models, like the X-A1 and X-M1 they would stop adding features and functionality to older models and simply mirror what other camera manufacturers tend to do (offering those exclusively in new models), but I was quite mistaken. The recent firmware update to the X100 cemented that in my mind.

Back