X-E1 and X100S Does Maggie Thatcher Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff as usual Pete. I love the first one of the feet standing on the bollards, and the one with the bearded guy in the center. But the whole thing is a pretty fascinating document of the mourners and their various strong feelings.

-Ray

Great shots that document the whole range of feelings surrounding Thatcher, including healthy demonstrations that the hagiography is being challenged.

The IQ makes me want to get an X100s -- and maybe an X-Pro.

Excellent work. I see Britons remain very divided about Maggie and her legacy.

Great Lady

Minorities always stand out even if they are only a few ....... so IMHO they are not representative

RIP Lady Thatcher ....... she will never be forgotten by many

Great photos Pete!

Well observed as usual, love the first one of the feet on the bollards and the large tum!

+1 on the large tum!!! LOL!

Great Lady

Minorities always stand out even if they are only a few ....... so IMHO they are not representative

RIP Lady Thatcher ....... she will never be forgotten by many

Agreed!!

In my childhood, I was very anti-British growing up in Brazil (during the Falkland/Malvina War time). But I have definitely grown to respect MT after reading lots more about her, the Cold War, Gorbie, RR, MAD, etc.

Love them all, but the feet are excellent. Also like the ones of the coppers. They must have had their work cut out for them. Glad to see the protesters as well. No doubt about it, Thatcher impressed people, for good or bad.

Great set of photos from petach, showing both 'sides'.

I won't be joining in with the tributes, as her politics were... let's say... somewhat at variance with mine.

Loved or hated, she will be remembered. Imagine going completely unremembered? Where nobody even cared enough to shout "booooooooooooooo"

There was a party in Liverpool tonight to celebrate.

She was fantastic at knocking down unworkable structures but failed to grasp what came next to rebuild shattered lives after selling off the nation's assets.

A very divisive figure.

I have definitely grown to respect MT after reading lots more about her.

Hmm. With all due respect Armando, it's one thing to read about someone, but it's quite another to have lived in the country while they governed, and to have lived with the consequences of the policies they followed.

However, as forum rules forbid political discussion, I'll leave it there ...

Pete, thanks for sharing some memorable images from a historic day.

And thanks to those who have shown restraint in their comments, addressing the great photography, not the subject matter. Let's continue to keep it civil and respectful to one another, chaps.

Sent from another Galaxy

Great shots once again Pete, nicely captured.

I thought some of those shots looked a little soft for an X100S/X-E1, was relieved when I checked the EXIF :D - nice compositions regardless though. I'm with everyone else, like the shot of the feet a lot, and you got some nice crowd shots too.

Hmm. With all due respect Armando, it's one thing to read about someone, but it's quite another to have lived in the country while they governed, and to have lived with the consequences of the policies they followed.

However, as forum rules forbid political discussion, I'll leave it there ...

I have not expressed and would never imply that my opinions about MT merit higher consideration than that of others -- or in fact, any consideration at all.

Great shots once again Pete, nicely captured.

I thought some of those shots looked a little soft for an X100S/X-E1, was relieved when I checked the EXIF :D - nice compositions regardless though. I'm with everyone else, like the shot of the feet a lot, and you got some nice crowd shots too.

Unless tripod used, probably most (if not all) of my shots will show softness through PD tremor.
Cheers
Pete

Unless tripod used, probably most (if not all) of my shots will show softness through PD tremor.
Cheers
Pete

Not at all, on the contrary most of them look great, very crisp. What threw me off was the couple shots that looked softer to me are marked as shot with an iPad in the EXIF on Flickr :tongue: Originally I thought you'd mixed in a few mobile shots, but it just occured to me maybe those were just processed/uploaded from there and it overwrote the EXIF. In fact, could just be the different processing on those now that I look at it a 2nd time.

Side note, funny coincidence but I was just browsing 500px earlier and saw some shots someone else posted of a couple of the same protestors you encountered. Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back