X-E1 and X100S Does Maggie Thatcher Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, on the contrary most of them look great, very crisp. What threw me off was the couple shots that looked softer to me are marked as shot with an iPad in the EXIF on Flickr :tongue: Originally I thought you'd mixed in a few mobile shots, but it just occured to me maybe those were just processed/uploaded from there and it overwrote the EXIF. In fact, could just be the different processing on those now that I look at it a 2nd time.

Side note, funny coincidence but I was just browsing 500px earlier and saw some shots someone else posted of a couple of the same protestors you encountered. Small world!

Cheers. Just one more thought. I did use zone focus a lot.......and forgot it was on, (I had three cameras with me......and the 5d didn't get a look in!) a few of the shots fell outside of the zone but actually turned out well enough.
Thanks

IF they'd kept it a private event, fine, no protests. Once the government steps in and uses it to celebrate a very controversial political position, spending public money to do so, all bets are off. Funeral rites as propaganda cannot go unanswered -- anywhere.

Please, do not sanction this as a "political comment", as others have felt quite free in expressing their opinions in this thread.

Photo's are very good! They nicely capture the freedom of expression we in the UK value so dearly, which was so well demonstrated on the day :)

The family had their private ceremony and if it had ended there most folk wouldn't have paid any attention. The public ceremony was a Tory political statement at the British taxpayers expense. The government wasting money when the country is seriously in debt, well you can't blame people for protesting.

Good pictures though Pete.

The less said about her but I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for taking photos of the police and military. Going by what we've heard about the problems people have been having taking photos on the streets of London.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I haven't heard about anyone having difficulties taking photos on the streets of London.
The most recent guidance issued to the Met confirmed the right of people to take photographs in public places unmolested.
(Pete will know best about that, of course, so I'll certainly stand corrected if I'm wrong)

What's the source of your info macjim?

There are no problems photographing people on the streets of London these days. I took part in the PHNAT ("I'm a Photographer Not A Terrorist" ) demo a few years ago and the freedom of press and amateur photographers to ply their trade or pastime was re-affirmed. There have been isolated incidents since, and vigilance is still - and always - necessary, but we live in a free country where the right to take a picture is still enshrined in law.

Sent from another Galaxy

Again, can I politely remind people of my earlier request that we restrict this thread to the photographic aspects of yesterday's events . Political statements - of any hue - do not belong here. Thank you.

Sent from another Galaxy

I haven't heard about anyone having difficulties taking photos on the streets of London.
The most recent guidance issued to the Met confirmed the right of people to take photographs in public places unmolested.
(Pete will know best about that, of course, so I'll certainly stand corrected if I'm wrong)

What's the source of your info macjim?

Oh, it's from various sources but for example, there is some reports in Amateur Photographer about the problems people have been having and there are some video's in YouTube too. It's not only London but other cities too. Security guards were also being heavy handed too with people being stopped because they were unwittingly on 'private property' ie public spaces.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Google "Project Griffin" to learn more about the world we now inhabit. :rolleyes: To be fair, there are always officious cocks who overstep their authority in the same way as there are bumptious photographers who "know" their rights and set out to exercise them even when, in shopping centres and other private places open to the public, they are actually in the wrong. we went through a bad time a few years ago when paranoia, PCSOs and private pinheads combined to make life hard for beleagured photographers but things are different now.

Sent from another Galaxy

I have the odd spat with over zealous security guards when I am on the public streets "You need a permit to photograph this building" or "This building is trade marked" LMAO at that one, or "Copyright exists" laugh again as they feel my sword of truth impale their pathertic lies to the lamp post. On private land with public right of way (restricted) the goons come up with "Ah, you have a tripod, you must be professional and are not allowed to use it" "No, I have Parkinson's and have to use it. You are discriminating against me. What is your name, you will hear from my solicitor"....."Oh...er....I will speak to my supervisor"

Sorry to have to close this thread, but it has gone well and repeatedly astray of our site rules despite several attempts to get it back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back