Fuji X-E1 Continuous Shooting FPS

ean10775

All-Pro
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Eric
Yes I realise that this is far from a forte of the Fuji cameras and I'm not anticpating stellar performance, but I'm curious as to the specs. On the Fuji website for the X-E1 they list the continuous shooting as Max 6fps or 3fps (user selectable), while at B&H lists it at 3fps and DP Review for example lists it as 6fps. Can anyone shed light on the discrepancy - which is it?

Lightmancer

Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
3 and 6 are both available and user selectable. They are however bloody irritating in use - never again. The camera takes 3 (or 6) shot bursts and stores them separately on the card with a different prefix. Playback on-camera then resembles one of those flicker cartoons you did on the corner of your exercise books during double chemistry. :mad:

Sent from another Galaxy

ean10775

All-Pro
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Eric
So I'm confused based on the two replies above. Is it basically you select 3 or 6fps and the camera shoots for 1 sec and you get either 3 or 6 shots? or is it actually 3 or 6fps and you can keep shooting until the buffer fills?

Lightmancer

Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
I am not a fan of motordrives, even for action; I think timing is more important than a machine gun approach. ;) I do plan to use my E1 for action and look forward to seeing how it performs.

Sent from another Galaxy

kevwilfoto

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
Frederick, CO
Kevin
I do plan to use my E1 for action and look forward to seeing how it performs.
I'm looking forward to see how that turns out! The only time I ever shot action was when the Motocross des Nations came to town and I was panning at 1/40th with a 5D mk II and 70-200/4. I'd love to see what the XE1 can do.

Tdp

All-Pro
Feb 15, 2019
I'm looking forward to see how that turns out! The only time I ever shot action was when the Motocross des Nations came to town and I was panning at 1/40th with a 5D mk II and 70-200/4. I'd love to see what the XE1 can do.
Um.....as much as I love the X-E1, it is more the tortoise and not the hare. Granted the 5DII is no autofocus speed demon either, but it is better than the X-E1 by a long shot.

kevwilfoto

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
Frederick, CO
Kevin
Um.....as much as I love the X-E1, it is more the tortoise and not the hare. Granted the 5DII is no autofocus speed demon either, but it is better than the X-E1 by a long shot.
I was using manual focus, actually. Autofocus kept trying to focus on the high-contrast sun-lit fence on the other side of the track, so I had to pre-focus for the middle of the track.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom