Fuji X-E1 Continuous Shooting FPS

ean10775

All-Pro
Name
Eric
Yes I realise that this is far from a forte of the Fuji cameras and I'm not anticpating stellar performance, but I'm curious as to the specs. On the Fuji website for the X-E1 they list the continuous shooting as Max 6fps or 3fps (user selectable), while at B&H lists it at 3fps and DP Review for example lists it as 6fps. Can anyone shed light on the discrepancy - which is it?

3 and 6 are both available and user selectable. They are however bloody irritating in use - never again. The camera takes 3 (or 6) shot bursts and stores them separately on the card with a different prefix. Playback on-camera then resembles one of those flicker cartoons you did on the corner of your exercise books during double chemistry. :mad:

Sent from another Galaxy

So I'm confused based on the two replies above. Is it basically you select 3 or 6fps and the camera shoots for 1 sec and you get either 3 or 6 shots? or is it actually 3 or 6fps and you can keep shooting until the buffer fills?

I am not a fan of motordrives, even for action; I think timing is more important than a machine gun approach. ;) I do plan to use my E1 for action and look forward to seeing how it performs.

Sent from another Galaxy

I'm looking forward to see how that turns out! The only time I ever shot action was when the Motocross des Nations came to town and I was panning at 1/40th with a 5D mk II and 70-200/4. I'd love to see what the XE1 can do.

Um.....as much as I love the X-E1, it is more the tortoise and not the hare. Granted the 5DII is no autofocus speed demon either, but it is better than the X-E1 by a long shot.

Um.....as much as I love the X-E1, it is more the tortoise and not the hare. Granted the 5DII is no autofocus speed demon either, but it is better than the X-E1 by a long shot.

I was using manual focus, actually. Autofocus kept trying to focus on the high-contrast sun-lit fence on the other side of the track, so I had to pre-focus for the middle of the track.

Back