Fuji X-E1 leaked on Fuji Korea site

wt21

Hall of Famer
FUJIFILM KOREA

Does the X series sensor need special RAW handling? I'm tempted by the new body, but I don't want to complicate my process even further.

Are there (m)any tilt/bounce options for Fuji X cams? I want to get more into people shots and have an OMD with an FL600R. Does Fuji have many flash options?

It does seem smaller:

Fujifilm X-E1 Hands-on - YouTube

And according to this it should be faster also:

Breaking: Fujifilm X-E1 full press release | Photo Rumors

The size looks nice. In terms of speed, its really hard to know how much of the speed increase will come from the focus mechanism in the new lenses and how much will come from the processor in the camera. I'm guessing it'll be like m43 where its a mix. The new lenses should be a lot faster on either the new or existing body, but whether or how much either the new or existing lenses are faster on the new bodies than the existing is anyone's guess. I'm not interested without an OVF, but it looks like a nice lower cost option for those who plan to mostly use zooms or who just don't care about the OVF...

-Ray

This actually looks a more like a Fuji camera that I would consider. Interchangable lenses incuding a new zoom, smaller than the X-Pro1, no optical viewfinder. A lower price than the X-Pro1 wouldn't hurt either, lol. Every so often I toss up whether I should look at an APS-C sensored (non-DSLR) camera, but I'm reluctant to pony up for another camera on a whim when there's no real need for one.

This actually looks a more like a Fuji camera that I would consider. Interchangable lenses incuding a new zoom, smaller than the X-Pro1, no optical viewfinder. A lower price than the X-Pro1 wouldn't hurt either, lol. Every so often I toss up whether I should look at an APS-C sensored (non-DSLR) camera, but I'm reluctant to pony up for another camera on a whim when there's no real need for one.

With the zoom and the 35mm this could be a great camera. Do any of us really need another camera???

Do any of us really need another camera???
Me, definitely not. Except a Sigma DP1M, of course. But because I want, not because of need. Something else will have to go, though. Concerning the X-E1 I'd say nice and interesting, and most likely very capable as are the NEX7, OMD, GH3 (?), Samsung...... etc etc. But not nearly as "wow" as the X100 is and the X Pro 1 in some way. The more of all these new cameras I see released into the market place the more I realise just how brilliant a X100 still is.

$1400 with the 18-55mm lens is less than I would have thought it might be. Close to the E-M5 + 12-50mm combo with what should hopefully be a better (image) quality lens. It's feature list is a bit bare bones compared to the Olympus but the basic hardware is impressive and mostly already proven in the X-Pro1.

This X-E1 looks real nice, and the price is fair. The lenses I might buy (23mm 1.4, 27mm 2.8, 56mm 1.4) aren't available yet, so my X100 is not going away anytime soon.

Nice to see the camera being handled, it always gives me a better impression of the size and handling then product pictures.

I was fairly excited about the small speedy 21mm eq. lens being released aswell, that lens may keep me from lusting after a FF alternative camera as nothing else like that really exists in M43 or APs-c systems. Not to excited about the 899 price tag though, hopefully the 40mm pancake will be alot cheaper to make up the difference. 21/28/40 and may be a new X-mount user......

The X-E1 interests me more than the X-PRO 1 because of the great EVF. I have to admit, that I absolutely love EVFs. There are also the right lenses, namely the initially released ones, although I could imagine a different trio: 14mm, 23mm and 56mm (all of them are on the roadmap). My main problem with the Fuji is the unfortunate circumstance, that Lightroom handles the raw files so badly, which I cannot accept. Otherwise I am very sure that it's a great camera.

After watching some videos on this camera, it looks like beauty. Being an x-pro1 owner, I'm really disappointed as this seems to be the same camera minus the optical view finder, a much better electronic viewfinder with a diopter adjustment and built in flash. I love my xp, but I'm finding I'm using the electronic viewfinder most of the time and could do without the optical. X-Pro for sale????

After watching some videos on this camera, it looks like beauty. Being an x-pro1 owner, I'm really disappointed as this seems to be the same camera minus the optical view finder, a much better electronic viewfinder with a diopter adjustment and built in flash. I love my xp, but I'm finding I'm using the electronic viewfinder most of the time and could do without the optical. X-Pro for sale????

Of course you could be right, and the new camera might be better for you. Just make sure you handle it before making a decision.

Back