X-E1 Wedding

OdzBodkinz

Regular
I used my X-E1 to back up my D700 for a wedding this weekend. I kept the 35mm 1.4 on it, and I was not disappointed in the least. The newest firmware gave me great confidence and I only was plagued with a red AF box one or two times. I used this setup for detail shots mostly. I did sneak it in for a few portraits though. Overall, I was very happy. The ability to judge real time exposure was helpful and I can easily see myself using two of these for a wedding if I ever sold my D700. I think that once the 56 1.2 arrives, I might actually abandon the Nikon Ship altogether.

i-zRCMhHd-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-7KppC3T-X2.jpg

i-Qcxr28g-X2.jpg

i-GCvGqdJ-X2.jpg

i-WN3xbnN-X2.jpg

i-8m9GWvz-X2.jpg

i-SzdvDpC-X2.jpg

Nice set of images, I particularly like the bouquet shots (y)

Even after only shooting a couple events with it since the update, I have to agree on the new firmware instilling a lot more confidence in the AF department.

I was shooting in a church on Saturday and realised my Nikon d700 and 800 were clicking far too loud. Switched to xpro1 and xe1 and was delighted with results. Nikon kit being mothballed and maybe sold.

I was shooting in a church on Saturday and realised my Nikon d700 and 800 were clicking far too loud. Switched to xpro1 and xe1 and was delighted with results. Nikon kit being mothballed and maybe sold.

Yes! I stumbled upon the same thing. I had forgotten how loud the D700 was. The XE1 is pretty soft.

Back