Fuji X-E2 Exposure Compensation and Auto Exposure Bracketing

On the X-E2, do exposure compensation and auto exposure bracketing work at the same time. Normally, I would like to auto-bracket -1EV, 0EV, +1EV. Occasionally, however, I would like to add +1EV in exposure compensation. Will the X-E2 thne auto-bracket 0EV, +1EV, +2EV?

On the X-E2, do exposure compensation and auto exposure bracketing work at the same time. Normally, I would like to auto-bracket -1EV, 0EV, +1EV. Occasionally, however, I would like to add +1EV in exposure compensation. Will the X-E2 thne auto-bracket 0EV, +1EV, +2EV?

Just tested it: Yes it will.

On Canon 5DIII I can select number of frames in bracket and EV between bracket frames.
I have found with Lightroom and Photoshop, 2EV between brackets works well.

Can I setup XE2, XE1 or X-Pro-1 to use bracket 2 EV between frames and then slide them along the exposure scale?

On Canon 5DIII I can select number of frames in bracket and EV between bracket frames.
I have found with Lightroom and Photoshop, 2EV between brackets works well.

Can I setup XE2, XE1 or X-Pro-1 to use bracket 2 EV between frames and then slide them along the exposure scale?

No, darn it, you can't. You can only do 3 shots 1 ev apart.

I do HDR and wish you could but with the x-e2 I take 3 brackets at -3 ev, 0 ev, and +3 ev which gives me 9 shots covering -4 to +4 ev -- when I need to that is. Don't always need that much range.

It's pretty simple: Set the X-E2 to EC 0 (neutral), EC -3 and EC +3 and record an AEB series with ±1 EV at each setting.

This results in 9 images with a range from -4 EV to +4 EV in 1 EV steps.

That's usually considered sufficient even for very serious HDR work.

I get that approach but that means a tripod, while the 5DIII approach I can set the shutter to motor drive and hold down the button and zip, three images that cover -2 to +2 or even -3 to +3. Very nice.

What I like about the bracketing is ability to create a 32 bit floating point TIFF file that can be manipulated in Lightroom. All the sliders are double the range. Thus exposure is plus/minus 10 EV.

Since I got the X as a walk around and travel camera the bracketing would be nice. I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Really trying to stay away from tripod with X cameras.

Back