Fuji X-E2 firmware 2.0 weirdness.

Proffarm

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same strangeness with their X-E2 after upgrading to firmware version 2.0. I am a very recent purchaser of the Fuji X-E2, roughly 2 weeks before 2.0 was released, and I am in LOVE with this camera. I researched this, and other mirrorless cameras in the same category for about 1 year before firmly deciding that Fuji and the X-E2 was the way to go. I got the camera about 3.5 weeks ago and I used it a lot before the latest firmware update came out. Since upgrading, I have noticed that-and it seems to be intermittent-the rear screen is refreshing. What I mean is that horizontal bands appear, and they move upward on the screen. It doesn't always happen, and when it does occur it cuts in and out. The best way to explain what it looks like is that it kind of acts like the EVF does, it just seems like its refreshing and then it stops, and starts back up. When screen is not doing this, it looks great/clean, and is very clear and responsive. I don't think it did this before the update, at least, I never noticed it. I would say that it is much more pronounced when I'm indoors vs. outdoors, but that could just mean in less light it's more noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Also, when the screen is acting this way and I go to view my images, it stops and acts normal. Then when I switch back to live view it will start back up.

Like I said though, this doesn't always happen, and when it is happening it will alternate between what the screen should look like, (no refresh noticeable) and to 'screen refresh' look.

I also had a problem with the update. After the update sometimes the camera didn't start-up. The screen stayed black, I noticed that the lens started (OIS). I had to take out the battery and place it again, then sometimes the camera started and sometimes not. The only thing I did was the update. It also said that firmware version was 2.0. I did the update again and the problem was solved and I'm very happy now with the new update.

...I'll take that as a no then...

:friends:

smile.gif

Back