Fuji X-E2 in hand -- great improvement

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
Well, I sold down my kit to get an X-E2. I would really like an X body with some better AF, but the EVF refresh improvements and the +/- 3 EV compensation are just as welcome. When I shoot in the clubs sometimes, and even some of the steel mill stuff I used to do, the slow EVF and inability to compensate more the 2 EV was an occasional annoyance and sometimes caused shots to be missed.

I have to say, the X-E2 is much more refined, while still being totally familiar. Bravo Fuji, but more importantly, THANKS!

Looking forward to some real shooting time with it. My pictures will look the same, I know how to get them with this camera -- it's just going to be easier and that's a very, very good thing.

Congratulations, John. I'll be very interested in hearing how the X-E2 does going forward. Don't forget to update your signature.

DOH! Thanks about the signature. I just had my first outing with it today -- I found an abandoned bank in a small town in south Jersey and went in with the X-E2 hand held with the 18mm f//2. They're importing now -- nothing too special though I don't think but most of them are at very high ISO.

Also another building that was tightly closed but I got the outside of it -- cool old store of some kind. You never know what you'll find if you wander around out of the way places.

The camera works nicely at night, as you can easily go up to ISO 6400. Thanks to the "ISOless" Sony-Sensor, you retain a huge amount of dynamic range in the RAW file that you can either access in Lightroom (or any external RAW converter) or by using DR400% with the built-in RAW converter...

11260721916_81271bd9a7_z.jpg

DSCF0502 – SOOC JPEG (crop) by ricopress, on Flickr

11260475764_76f7535872_z.jpg

DSCF0498 – Lightroom 5.3RC / ISO 6400 by ricopress, on Flickr

I agree. I was shooting an unexpected find today (an abandoned bank) handheld in lower light and it performed beautifully including focusing better than the X-E1 did in those circumstances. Not sure if better contrast AF is part of the bargain or if I'm just imagining it -- but this camera just seems to do better than my X-E1 did.

Back