Fuji X-E3

About the 4 "touch" buttons that replaced the D-pad. Not sure why the person using the camera doesn't just select what they want instead of "scrolling"...
For those that do not know what I am talking about, on this touch screen if you move your finger from outside the touchscreen to inside the touchscreen in any of the 4 sides, you can activate 4 different (customizable) settings - like we have on the D-pad of the existing cameras. This time Fuji really showed some courage in implementing something that no other camera maker has. For those with samsung phones, it is pretty much like the side panel they have since they introduced the curved edges.

you swipe 4 sides all can be customized, looks good to me from other reviews i saw, i like the toggle lever also, nice discount on the 23mm f2.0 kit IMO

you swipe 4 sides all can be customized, looks good to me from other reviews i saw, i like the toggle lever also, nice discount on the 23mm f2.0 kit IMO
The nice thing is that you can select if you want to use the whole touchscreen or small portions of it. Considering the smallish size of the camera and the fact that you can select to use only the right portion of the screen, that should make it very easy to use your right thumb to access those settings. Not an implementation that everyone would like - especially those that live in cold climate and need gloves for many months of the year - but not too bad in comparison to the X-E2, considering that the X-E3 ended up getting a front push dial and the joystick. Now the question is "does the touchscreen work well"? Having shot Olympus, Panasonic, and Sony, I have pretty much seen the best and the worst. I hope Fuji used Panasonic as their benchmark.

Clearly the XE3 is the rangefinder form factor equivalent to the xt20, especially given the same price. What's funny is that now no company can release a camera that doesn't have vocal opposition based on what was or was not included. I think it has a nice combo of features to complement what Fuji currently offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the X-T10 in store a while back(X-T2 just came out) and found the EVF to be good, if this is more or less the same this maybe my next, at least in late 2018. My X-E1 keeps on ticking but the lack of different focus peaking color options and meh AF(more so when compared to my Panasonic GM1) makes me wish I won the lottery to order the X-E3 right now. New 24mp sensor, with what seems like better color than X-trans II, doesn't hurt either.

I'm wondering if the grip from Fuji will work on this or will it be narrow and long(DPR specs says it's thicker and narrower than the X-E1/2).

If your talking about the grip from the x-e2 fitting the x-e3 it won't.

Looks interesting but I wish it had the tilt screen, for me that's a big miss. I actually use the LCD on my Pan GX85 more than the EVF. The smaller size is also a plus. Touch on the Q-Menu is a big plus, I'd really love it if Fuji did a FW update on my X70 to add touch to the Q-Menu, maybe on the X80.

Back