Fuji X-F1 looks quite interesting

So its basically a smaller, sexier (if I may) X10 without a viewfinder, with a wider but slower lens? I'd probably get the X10 if I was gonna get one of them, but its a purty little thing, as I guess I've commented on before.

-Ray

The bokeh bracketing was actually something that I dreamed up in the shower a few weeks ago, although obviously Fuji beat me to the punch releasing it :tongue: but yeah it shouldn't be too hard if you have the necessary processing power!

I wonder how this is going to stack up against the RX100 in low light? A bit smaller sensor, but half the pixels.

I am still not digging on the looks. Where the X10/X100/X-Pro1 look more like older cameras (i.e. classic), this one looks to me like a modern camera with a 3rd party leather skin on the body. Okay, that is a bit harsh... just seems like such a contrast between the clean modern top and bottom and the leatherette wrap.

I wonder how this is going to stack up against the RX100 in low light? A bit smaller sensor, but half the pixels.

I am still not digging on the looks. Where the X10/X100/X-Pro1 look more like older cameras (i.e. classic), this one looks to me like a modern camera with a 3rd party leather skin on the body. Okay, that is a bit harsh... just seems like such a contrast between the clean modern top and bottom and the leatherette wrap.

Its the same sensor and EXR processor as the X10, so to get best low light you have to use the EXR binning, which means a bit over 1/4 the pixels as the RX100. But the X10 was useable up to about 200-2500 ISO, so not as good as the RX100 but surprisingly good nonetheless - the best compact I'd seen before the RX100.

-Ray

Preview up on DPReview Fujifilm XF1 hands-on preview: Digital Photography Review

Looks like they got so many things right, I'm really hoping the image quality holds up.

Great 1st look on DP there, thanks for the link. I think this is going to be a wonderful little camera. I am imagining the display cabinet at work with all the lovely X series Fuji cameras in it. I'll take a pic one day when everything is in there and pop it up here!

Whilst I am sure it is a very capable camera (and I do like the manual zoom) I am wondering when cameras started to become fashion accessories rather than picture taking devices... if the main selling point seems to be the fake leather look in colors designed to match your purse or bag it is definitely not for me... why not a more standard design with at least a small grip, thumb-rest etc? I know it might just look like any other camera, but at least it would be usable and a little more ergonomic... This of course just my opinion, I am sure the small sleek design will appeal to many, it is just not for me.

E-fn looks really, really good
aperture closes down very, very rapidly as you zoom in
in black it's not ugly, I wouldn't get it in the other colours but that's a matter of taste

Back