Fuji X-H1: An Unloved Child

I took the XH1 with grip on a trip to my home in Massachusetts and I am now using the XE3 for the SiJy challenge. The XE3 is incredibly small, light and basic whereas the XH1 is all the toys. If you hold the XE3 steady, the IQ is the same, but the XH1 is always more forgiving. They make a very nice kit for a range of subjects. The XH1 is a beast but it feels great in the hand. I am also one of those that love the shutter release and I would not have predicted that. I do have to keep reminding myself that most reviews are based on the early FW and price, because with the latest FW at $1299 it’s a very different proposition. I do wonder what it would be like to take the middle road of an XT2/3. I also wonder what the XH2 will offer if the XH4 has IBIS.

Interesting read. The X-H1 was my first choice as a battery grip body to replace my X-Pro2. Which I still miss dearly. But the decision to have a two body system. Along with pricing at the time. Allowed me to get two X-T2s, one with battery grip. For the same cost as one X-H1 with battery grip.

The current deals are incredible. To my surprise, I find myself using with the grip all the time. It's big either way, and it does feel better with the grip and it really takes care of that that battery life issue.

Back