Fuji X-H1 IBIS and 16/1.4?

AndyMcD

Top Veteran
Jul 15, 2017
East Midlands, UK
I'm currently shooting with an X-T1, which I really like. But, there is an itch starting to develop and I've started considering whether to look at adding a new body in the next 6 months or so.

My choices are going to be X-T2, X-T3 or X-H1. I think that X-T2 and X-H1 are fairly comparable except for IBIS - but how effective is IBIS with a 16/1.4 or 56/1.2, anyone using either of these combinations?

AndyMcD

Top Veteran
Jul 15, 2017
East Midlands, UK
Aside from the IBIS, you may want to go to a store and try out the X-H1 in your hands. To be sure about the ergonomics. IBIS may be a moot point if you either really love, or really hate how that camera feels in your hands.
I suspect that you're spot on here Bobby. Also, I'm in a position where I can wait for the X-T3 to appear, so could be stepping up two generations from the X-T1 instead of just one.

AndyMcD

Top Veteran
Jul 15, 2017
East Midlands, UK
IBIS works just fine!
Thanks for replying, any idea what effect it has on the 16/1.4 Mike?

For example, I would probably handhold the 16 on my X-T1 at 1/30 but no slower - if IBIS gives 5 stops, I would expect to be able to handhold for 1s, which seems a long time to me.

Mike G

All-Pro
Oct 7, 2016
West London
Mike Gorman
Andy, the whole purpose of IBIS is to allow handheld shots at slow shutter speeds. With an IBIS equipped camera I would very much think it possible to handhold at 1/30!
And of course the expertise of the shooter also comes into play!
The 23mm and the 35mm both 1.4 work well and IBIS is not noticeable in action!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom