Fuji X-Pert Corner TOC

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
FYI: Tomorrow's XPC will be "Using the X100S", a collection of practical hints and tips to make the most out of your new X100S camera, similar to last week's "Using the X20" article.

I have written about my studio experiences with the X-series: Studio X | Fuji Rumors

You may know most the shots from the feminine beauty thread in this forum: https://www.fujixspot.com/f12/show-beautiful-women-feminine-beauty-61/

Learning from Damien was a great experience. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the new post over at Fuji Rumors!
I read it 1st thing in the morning.

Makes me happy that I glad I picked up the Voigtlander 75/1.8 lens!

Can you share more photos taken with the Voigtlander lens?! :)

I have updated the TOC with new articles about Zeiss Touit and the X-M1. As usual, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I have updated the TOC with new articles about Zeiss Touit and the X-M1. As usual, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hate to admit this, but after reading your article, I might consider picking up the X-M1 and selling off all my m43 gear!

Thanks once again for the great article! :)

Rico, thank you so much for this article! I found your detailed descriptions with photos very interesting and, as always, I love your sense of humor. This does sound to me like a very good camera set up. I'd like to quote you here, if I may
Shooting at low light is one particular strength of X-Trans sensors, so how did the X-A1 with its conventional Bayer CFA perform? Just like any other Bayer camera, methinks. Yes, there is more noise, but I don’t think it’s a deal-breaker. I think results are pretty much on par with noise-levels of similar APS-C sensor cameras like the Nikon A or Ricoh GR. However, for the price of a Ricoh GR (749 EUR her in Germany) you’ll get the full X-A1 combo with a 16-50mm zoom and a 50-230mm zoom. That’s what I call a value proposition, and that’s why the X-A1 is currently my favorite X-series camera. It’s all about the value: It gets the job done, and it’s affordable.

You've packed a great deal of information into this article and I'll definitely be rereading and looking at all the pictures. I had to laugh here:
With no X-A1 production camera or RAW support available at this time, we can’t go into pixel peeping. Yet.
Yeah, yeah, I know that comparing full-size samples at 400% magnification keeps you guys alive, so there will eventually be a third part of this X-M1/X-A1 epos, comparing the X-A1 and X-M1 under identical conditions, both RAW and JPEG.
Luckily for me, I don't need that stuff to keep me alive.:wink_old:

Your write up about the face detection use, OIS+MOTION mode and DR Auto was really helpful to read... The whole article is well worth reading for anyone considering buying one of the Fuji X interchangeable lens bodies. Frankly, as a confirmed X100 lover, this camera does appeal to me - you were right.

I'm sure I'll come up with some questions as more time goes by - meanwhile many thanks for sharing your review here with us!

No worries, my PP X-M1 is doing fine. There are always different stages of pre-production maturity, as long as the hardware isn't flawed, using the latest firmware will usually elevate PP cameras to production standard. However, you can never be totally sure. That said, even production cameras and lenses differ, there are always good, better, worse or even bad copies.

Just wanted to drop in some props for the X-E1 / X-PRO1 book. It's up on iBooks now and I bought it this morning. Well worth the price and I've already picked up some very useful tips. Nice work.

Back