Fuji X-pert corner

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
Wow, another X camera forum! :D

click here to find my X-PERT CORNER articles about Fuji's X series. Some readers consider them useful, so you may want to have look.

I am currently preparing a definitive guide explaining EXR, and I'm working on two new books about X series cameras.

As usual, if there are any questions, always happy to help.

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Wow, another X camera forum! :D

click here to find my X-PERT CORNER articles about Fuji's X series. Some readers consider them useful, so you may want to have look.
I find it very useful and wanted to say Thanks!! :)

Fujirumors is a site I go to as soon as I wake up, or arrive to work!

Amin Sabet

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 3, 2010
Thanks, Rico. I'll read it after work today. I've been shooting RAW + large fine JPEG so far with the X-E1, and I've picked the processed RAW over JPEG every time I've compared them so far, but the JPEGs are very nice as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
... shooting RAW + large fine JPEG so far with the X-E1, and I've picked the processed RAW over JPEG every time I've compared them so far, but the JPEGs are very nice as well. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Now I'm going to have to try shooting RAW. And I've been very happy with the jpegs ... Dang!

Amin, have you been using the in-camera post?

P

pniev

I find it very useful and wanted to say Thanks!! :)

Fujirumors is a site I go to as soon as I wake up, or arrive to work!
+1.

Fujirumors and fujixspot are my two favorites and are really complementary. Kudos to those who established the sites (Patrick and Amin?) and keep it going. And I love your work, Rico.

Peter

ean10775

All-Pro
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Eric
Rico,

You mentioned working on two new books regarding the X-Series cameras. Is one of them an update to the X-Pro 1 book or an X-E1 specific book? I was interested in picking up the X-Pro 1 book as I figure a good portion of it will apply to the X-E1, but I know it was published before the most recent firmware updates and wonder how that changes things...

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
If you already have an X-E1, buy the current book now. The cameras are very similar, and even the older X-Pro1 book takes Firmware 2.0 into account.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
I have compiled a few tips for using the X20. Since the X20 seems to be quite popular in this forum, this might be of some use.

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Thank you Rico! Great explanation of the DR modes for the X20. I've been a "jpeg with post" shooter, and typically have underexposed until highlights weren't blown. Then post-process with masking to bring up the "too darks." But it sounds like I might get better results doing that with raw - as the jpeg lumps many contrasts and colors together into regions, whereas the raw keeps more of that detail to work with.

I only have LR3, I probably need to update to LR4 to work with the X20 (or X-E1) raw files.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom