Fuji X-pert corner

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Wow, another X camera forum! :D

click here to find my X-PERT CORNER articles about Fuji's X series. Some readers consider them useful, so you may want to have look.

I am currently preparing a definitive guide explaining EXR, and I'm working on two new books about X series cameras.

As usual, if there are any questions, always happy to help.

Thanks, Rico. I'll read it after work today. I've been shooting RAW + large fine JPEG so far with the X-E1, and I've picked the processed RAW over JPEG every time I've compared them so far, but the JPEGs are very nice as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

... shooting RAW + large fine JPEG so far with the X-E1, and I've picked the processed RAW over JPEG every time I've compared them so far, but the JPEGs are very nice as well. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Now I'm going to have to try shooting RAW. And I've been very happy with the jpegs ... Dang!

Amin, have you been using the in-camera post?

I find it very useful and wanted to say Thanks!! :)

Fujirumors is a site I go to as soon as I wake up, or arrive to work!

+1.

Fujirumors and fujixspot are my two favorites and are really complementary. Kudos to those who established the sites (Patrick and Amin?) and keep it going. And I love your work, Rico.

Peter

Rico,

You mentioned working on two new books regarding the X-Series cameras. Is one of them an update to the X-Pro 1 book or an X-E1 specific book? I was interested in picking up the X-Pro 1 book as I figure a good portion of it will apply to the X-E1, but I know it was published before the most recent firmware updates and wonder how that changes things...

If you already have an X-E1, buy the current book now. The cameras are very similar, and even the older X-Pro1 book takes Firmware 2.0 into account.

I have compiled a few tips for using the X20. Since the X20 seems to be quite popular in this forum, this might be of some use.

Thank you Rico! Great explanation of the DR modes for the X20. I've been a "jpeg with post" shooter, and typically have underexposed until highlights weren't blown. Then post-process with masking to bring up the "too darks." But it sounds like I might get better results doing that with raw - as the jpeg lumps many contrasts and colors together into regions, whereas the raw keeps more of that detail to work with.

I only have LR3, I probably need to update to LR4 to work with the X20 (or X-E1) raw files.

Back