Fuji X-Pro 1 Diopter Correction Question

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
Wondered if I could get advice on what strength diopter lens to buy for my X-Pro1. I have no problems seeing the hybrid display when using the OVF, but the EVF image is very fuzzy. FYI I am near-sighted and have fairly strong prescription glasses for seeing far objects. I have always used my glasses for shooting, and the X-Pro 1 is the first camera I have owned in a long while without built-in diopter correction in the viewfinder. The EVF image comes into focus when I move my eye about 2 inches back from the viewfinder---is this a plus or minus diopter? Thanks.

You might just have to try a couple to see what works for you. I bought my X-Pro when I was in New York City in April and I walked over the Photo Village and tried a few diopters until I found a good match. I have a +1 on there, but I wouldn't presume to recommend one to a different set of eyes. Its possible your eye doc can tell you what you'd need, but you might need a bit of trial and error to be sure. They're not expensive - about $20 each, so if you order 3-4 and end up returning all but the one that works, you should be able to get there.

-Ray

Thanks, Ray, I guess I should do the same---was hoping I could get an easy answer and avoid the trip across the Hudson, but didn't want to have to go back and forth ordering and returning diopter lenses online.

Back