Fuji X-Pro 1 -or- XE-2 Dilemma

Another with bigger hands here... I love an OVF - it's why I use Leica M - but the XPro seemed to me a bit of a compromise - albeit a clever one. My suspicions were confirmed when I had an X100 for a while last year. I could switch the viewfinder, but not my mind... I found it too dissonant and a bad influence on my flow. I went with the X-E1 a year ago. An iShoot grip and ThumbsUp glue it to my hand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well.. the ergonomics for me were a big consideration. I do have large hands and also purchased the Gariz half case and Thumbs Up to fit my hand better. The lens adapter gives me a good grasping/carrying taper as well.

Fair enough--the most important thing is that it works for you. My goal was to get as significantly smaller than a DSLR as possible without sacrificing ergonomics. Glad it's working out for you!

Another with bigger hands here... I love an OVF - it's why I use Leica M - but the XPro seemed to me a bit of a compromise - albeit a clever one. My suspicions were confirmed when I had an X100 for a while last year. I could switch the viewfinder, but not my mind... I found it too dissonant and a bad influence on my flow. I went with the X-E1 a year ago. An iShoot grip and ThumbsUp glue it to my hand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I liked having the OVF option on the X100S, but admittedly began using it less and less. The convenience of live exposure preview with the EVF (and more accurate framing) won over for me in the end.

Both cameras with the same settings or processed the same way will give the same results.
The lenses do make a difference.
I could never justify the price of the Pro for my needs, but they have really come down in price.
I really enjoy using the OVF and the heft of the Pro, bur otherwise, really no difference in IQ.

Back