Fuji Showcase X Pro 2 Images

I can contribute to this thread now :)

_DSF3891-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSF3905-L.jpg

The Pro2 is the mirrorless camera I've been waiting for. Fuji has made some fantastic cameras, with incredible lenses. But the Pro2 has nailed it. My thinking is, that down the road, the Pro2 will be regarded the way the Canon 5D and Nikon D3 are now. That magic camera with something intangible that users love. I've had the chance to shoot events, candids, lit portraits, street, and some nature with the Pro2. Fuji has hit the proverbial grand slam with the new sensor and AF system.

_DSF3529-Edit-L.jpg

_DSF5060-L.jpg

VBS2016-1-40-L.jpg

Told you (both) so... ;)

You're right Bobby - the XPro2 has a certain je ne sais quoi in both output and handling that sets it apart. It was driven home to me by using mine alongside my X100T in Madeira. The results from both cameras are exceptional and at web sizes there is little to choose, but the results from the XPro2 are just a bit more exceptional - there's more to see, and more to play with.

I know that you can get cameras with faster AF, bigger buffers, bigger sensors, but in the XPro2 Fuji has found a sweet spot. Bear in mind, too, that if Fuji keeps to its Kaisen approach, the camera that is in our hands now will get BETTER with age, like a fine wine. I have no doubt that when the X-T2 then the X200(?) make their appearances with the same sensor the game will be upped there too, but I cannot see myself being tempted by the T2 - the X200, maybe, but a bit like the Ricoh GR it's successor will have to be very, very good indeed to make the jump worthwhile.

The performance and handling gulf between the X-Pro1 and 2 was huge in the end to the extent that it isn't even really viable as a backup (the X-E2/S is a better bet in that regard, smaller and cheaper too) and although I still have my '1, it will probably be the next thing to sell; at the moment I just have it set to "infrared" and that is a bit of an indulgence, let's be honest...

It may be quite some time before my wallet will speak to you again. Especially since I sold my whole kit and bought two Pro2's. As an event shooter, it is always easiest to have two identical cameras. Just so the controls, settings, and results are identical. Even if one shoots with a single body and has the other on hand for backup duty. It really was money well spent. Even if Fuji did not stay with their Kaisen approach, I would be perfectly happy. But we know Fuji will update the Pro2 making it even more incredible.

While the Pro2 is capable of amazing JPGs. The raw files take that wow factor up to 11. Doing post work has gone from just the final part of the process and feeling like work. To something I look forward to as much as shooting. The Pro2 has brought back the magic of dark room developing for me. I shoot with the rear screen and previews off. When going through LR making selections, I get that school girl prom night giddiness. The files are amazing.

Like you, Bill, I will not be getting a T2. I have found I much prefer the shooting with the range finder style body over the SLR style body. Even giving up my beloved battery grip. Especially with the RRS plate and Lensmate thumb grip(thanks for the heads up, Bill), the Pro2 is much much more comfortable in my hands than the T1 w/battery grip.

Speaking of RRS plates. The Pro2 is one Really Right Stuff's new designs which works with their new camera strap. I love love love this combination. The mounting point for the strap is machined into the bottom of the plate. A brilliant quick release system that is solid, comfortable, and leaves nothing extra on the camera when the strap is removed from the plate. I always hated the strap triangles and connecter clips from Peak Design still there when the strap wasn't on. I liked the straps, so I stayed with it till now.

I just purchased an X-Pro 2 and 23 f1.4 as my first venture into the Fuji world. From what I can see I've made a wise decision in both camera and lens. I am loving both and can see adding a few more lenses to the bag in the future. Here are a few pictures from a walk in the park with my family this morning. A beautiful way to start our day!

DSCF0160.JPG
DSCF0163.JPG
DSCF0167.JPG
DSCF0187.JPG
DSCF0189.JPG

Back