Fuji X-Pro1 and low-light shooting

alex16510

Rookie
Hi !

I am trying to make a low light exposure and have a problem with colors. The colors of low-light object on the exposure is different from colors of the real object.
I am using X-Pro1 for about two weeks and it's quite possible, that I must change some setting of the camera. I am shooting in the P mode with Auto ISO (800) and DR Auto.

Thank you !

Generally, low light often has a quite specific light temperature depending on the light source(s), so using a fitting white balance setting is essential. Luckily, this can easily be optimized an changed during RAW processing.

The sample is a typical example for multiple light sources with different temperatures. One has to settle for a compromise or brush a different WB over parts of the image in Photoshop or Lightroom.

<iframe src="DSCF0266" height="333" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

The church lightning is soft yellow-green, but on the picture it has blue cast.

<iframe src="DSCF0275" height="333" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

This exposure has normal colors

Yes, you can white balance for what's more important.

You can also selective fix the other areas on your computer, it would be best to shoot RAW for that, so the wrong color doesn't get baked into the JPEG.

Back