Fuji X-Pro1 Exposure Compensation Dial

lhuhn

Rookie
I am very happy with my X-Pro1 except for the poorly designed exposure compensation dial that gets bumped all the time and inadvertently causes under or over exposures. Anyone found a good solution to the problem?

Phoenix

All-Pro
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Bumped by your thumb? or by other external factors? I'd be worried if it's by other external factors as a bump significant enough to change your exp comp dial on a regular basis may cause damage to your camera in the long run.

I never really had any troubles with the exp comp dial. My thumb usually rests at the left edge of the hump where the Q and AE-L button is located when I hold the camera with the handgrip accessory. Perhaps you can try using a thumbs up accessory, to prevent accidentally bumping the exp comp dial.

lhuhn

Rookie
I think it is happening when I get the camera in and out of the bag. I am pretty gentle with my gear so it isn't from rough handling. A "Thumbs Up" may be worth a try. Thanks

Billdad

Regular
Found this happening on a few occasions at the weekend where i was taking the lens in and out of my coat pocket,

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Always check the viewfinder display before metering and shooting.

I asked Fuji for a clearer indication whether exp. comp. is active or not, and luckily, this was implemented in more recent models.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom