Fuji X-PRO1 GAS

DSCF4269.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here are some from today. XT20 + 18-55. Different film simulations.

Attachments

• DSCF4273.JPG
    DSCF4273.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF4274.JPG
    DSCF4274.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF4281.JPG
    DSCF4281.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF4316.JPG
    DSCF4316.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF4326.JPG
    DSCF4326.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF4335.JPG
    DSCF4335.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF4337.JPG
    DSCF4337.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF4340.JPG
    DSCF4340.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF4363.JPG
    DSCF4363.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF4374.JPG
    DSCF4374.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 38
elandel - 'Glad you are enjoying and "out and about" with your XP1. I have a number of Fuji X camera bodies but the X Pro1 is the one I always end up with. Its used, has some nasty scratches on the LCD, but still "da' one". I too am a big fan of the XF35/1.4, not the XF35 f2. I found F2 version nice and small but lacking in sharpness. I end up with a Zeiss Touit 32mm on the XP1 a lot. A great lens like the XF35 f1.4 but with a bit more interesting bokeh.
. . . David

I have my 35 f1.4 on my X-T1 right now. Works well there too. :) First image taken with my "new to me" X-T1 and the XF35/1.4 which I've had for quite some time. B+W conversion courtesy of LR Nathan Elson Presets.
On a somewhat related note, I recently sold my X-Pro2. 'Just didn't fit.
. . . David
Darlene in the Kitchen (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'n my opinion, yes. Other may well disagree. I really like the simplicity of the X-Pro1 and I'm very fond of using the OVF when the subject matter is appropriate. The X-Pro2 is a wonderful image making tool. It just didn't "click" with me. (Puns intended.)

I'n my opinion, yes. Other may well disagree. I really like the simplicity of the X-Pro1 and I'm very fond of using the OVF when the subject matter is appropriate. The X-Pro2 is a wonderful image making tool. It just didn't "click" with me. (Puns intended.)

I know what you mean. In the past many great cameras just didn't "click" with me. The last was the Sony A7II.

Recently received a new-to-me X-Pro1 and love it! I've been cruising the X-forums for some time and am a reasonably experienced Fuji X user. The XP1 was intended as a backup my X-T2. However, I've had so much fun learning and shooting the XP1 that the roles might be reversed! I really like having the option of an OVF. I shoot vacation travels, family events, hiking trips, people pictures and just about anything that I can.

The first thing that I did was update to firmware v3.70. While I have no experience with the previous firmware versions, I can say that the v3.70 AF-S speed is about the same as my former first Fuji, a X-T10, which I thought had decent AF-S speed. The v3.70 XP1 AF-C is not something that I would shoot pictures of my (very) active grandchildren with, but then the X-T10 was not up to this task either. The RAW image quality is outstanding (PP'd with Iridient X-Transformer + Lightroom 6), I would not hesitate to use it as my primary camera. Wonderful camera, beautiful to look at, too. Highly recommended.

Hope that this helps others that may be wondering how good this camera is.

Recently received a new-to-me X-Pro1 and love it! I've been cruising the X-forums for some time and am a reasonably experienced Fuji X user. The XP1 was intended as a backup my X-T2. However, I've had so much fun learning and shooting the XP1 that the roles might be reversed! I really like having the option of an OVF. I shoot vacation travels, family events, hiking trips, people pictures and just about anything that I can.

The first thing that I did was update to firmware v3.70. While I have no experience with the previous firmware versions, I can say that the v3.70 AF-S speed is about the same as my former first Fuji, a X-T10, which I thought had decent AF-S speed. The v3.70 XP1 AF-C is not something that I would shoot pictures of my (very) active grandchildren with, but then the X-T10 was not up to this task either. The RAW image quality is outstanding (PP'd with Iridient X-Transformer + Lightroom 6), I would not hesitate to use it as my primary camera. Wonderful camera, beautiful to look at, too. Highly recommended.

Hope that this helps others that may be wondering how good this camera is.

Totally agree with you even if I do no PP so I use OOC jpegs. I also shoot anything I can mostly vacation travels, landscapes when I can and architecture mainly chirches thet I love. I regret I now have not much time to shoot.

I had the X-Pro1 and resisted the X-Pro2 for a long time. But one thing always bugged me about the XP1: the fact that I had to buy a separate diopter to adjust for my vision - which I refused to do.

I got by with the progressive lenses in my glasses for quite some time. But I finally had enough, sold the XP1 for about what I paid for it ($400 new on close out), also sold my X100T and picked up an XP2. So far, I'm not disappointed.

But if anyone doesn't require an adjustable diopter - even if they wear glasses with a single prescription across the lens - then a cheap XP1 can still be a lot of fun.

Keep in mind that all of the first-generation Fuji lenses are the slowest-focusing in the line. Even on an XP1, the newer 23mm and 35mm f/2.0 WR lenses will focus faster. Plus, they're both designed to not interfere with the OVF.

And, of course, remember to have both camera bodies and lenses on the latest firmware. It all really does help.

Agree. I have xp1, xt1 and xt20 but the one I use nearly all the time is xp1 so I'm thinking selling the xt1 and xt20 to buy a lens or a xt2 or xp2.

Back