Fuji X-Pro1 Screen Repairs?

dacalac

Veteran
So after some years of use the back of my screen looks like this:

bEM0fDa.jpg

*let this be a lesson for buying screen protectors when you first buy your camera!!*

I'm assuming this wouldn't be covered under warranty so how would you all recommend repairing this? Has anyone replaced it on their own or is there any other way that it can be fixed?

TIA!

This may sound silly but before you do anything have you tried applying a screen protector? Sometimes they can mask small scratches and blotches on the screen - I have used the 'Expert Shield' brand on my X10, X100, iPad and iPhones.

I'm not sure of the make up of these screens but it looks like a layer of coating is coming off. I have used a slightly abrasive polish like 'Brasso' in the past to polish out scratches from LCD screens but in this case I think you'd have to polish off all the remaining coating and then apply a screen protector. This is a high-risk strategy!

Good luck

I know it sounds unlikely but to me the damage looks like the fungus that you can get on lenses. This doesn't answer your question but if it is fungus it may have infected you lenses. Just a long shot.

so you've cleaned the lcd screen before you took this image ?
if you did it looks like fingerprints embedded in the lcd screen along with scratches
are those all scratches on the screen?
if that screen is in fact cleaned off and those scratches and fingerprints are embedded in the screen then most likely it won't be covered under warranty--fuji would consider that cosmetic and there probably would be a charge to replace your lcd screen

I did clean it but the fingerprint smudges were from turning the camera around and are not embedded in the screen like the scratches.

For me it's a purely aesthetic issue as I am usually in the optical viewfinder. Also, I have an anti-glare over the screen which makes the issue almost vanish. If the XP1 is easy to open up I may consider using a replacement screen to DIY. Otherwise I'll live with it.

The Fuji screen does seem a little soft compared to other Brands I have/had. My Canon 5D classic was abused for many years without a protector and I sold it without any marks. My Xpro already has scratches and I use it far less. After seeing our photo I'm going to order a screen protector.

Back