Fuji X-Pro1 shutter speed problem

dubltorq

Out on a field trip today and my X-Pro1 would not allow a shutter speed slower than 1/4 second while operating in aperture priority. I was attempting to "blur" water motion, which I have done previously, using a 4-stop ND filter and small aperture to get to a shutter speed of about 1 second, but the camera "bottomed out" at a speed of 1/4 second. (I was in aperture priority, ISO=200, f/22 on a XF 55-200mm lens). Slower shutter speeds could be set in shutter priority, so I was able to accomplish my photographic goal, but there appears to be a problem or a setting that I apparently changed unknowingly that prevents slower shutter speeds. The camera firmware is 3.20 and the lens is 1.11; both are current. Anyone have any similar experience or an answer for how to correct this problem?

I wonder if you didn't get the aperture ring one click farther on and wound up on A. I think this would have set it to P and as Flysurfer says, put you at the 1/4 second limit.

Thanks for the comments. I solved the problem late last night. When in aperture priority and if power save is on, then the minimum shutter speed is 1/4 second - page 26 of the X-Pro1 manual. I must have accidentally set power save on sometime just before my morning outing. I had set power save off when I originally configured camera options. I don't know how it got turned back on; maybe the mice in my attic had something to do with it. Anyway, all fixed. Lesson learned - read the manual, again.

Back