Fuji X-Pro2 Case?

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
Well, my X-Pro2 is on its way - ordered via Amin's link, of course. For those who also own this camera, are you using a case on it? If so, which one? Are you sticking with the official Fuji case or going with an aftermarket one, such as from Gariz? And why? Inquiring minds want to know!

Mine is caseless, but it does have the OEM grip (which has a really useful Arca Swiss base), a Lensmate Thumb Rest and an Acmaxx screen protector; that's enough for me. The X100F will wear a leather half case (when they are finally in stock) but that's because it is a bit smaller and my hands aren't ;)

I have small hands, but I still prefer having the OEM grip installed on my XPro2. I don't really feel the added weight because of the improved gripping, and it also improves handheld stability. I guess a half case probably has similar benefits plus extra protection, but looses Arca Swiss base plate.

I have a Gariz half case on mine with a piece of Glock pistol grip tape on it because I found the leather is a bit slippery. A Lensmate thumb grip, an Artisan & Artist strap and a Match Technical soft release. I'm not a big fan of cases but for the protection it seemed worth it.
Steve, good luck with the accessories.
. . . David
Fuji X Pro2 (1 of 1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yup. I have a braided leather neckstrap on mine, which sort of grips to itself and to other things like shoulders. Wrapped around the wrist a couple of times it does the same thing.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. I've ordered the OEM grip - but don't rule out a Gariz or Lim's leather case later.

Re: thumbgrips - Is a folding version (a la Lensmate) even more important on the X-Pro2 than on the X-Pro1? Thumb grips always looked inconvenient and fiddly to me. I never used one on my X-Pro1. But I am open to your thoughts.

I too have the folding Lensmate thumb grip, but I don't use it and plan to sell it. I feel more comfortable resting my thumb on the body. Maybe it's because I have smaller hands, and 'reaching' for the thumb grip becomes a bit unnatural. Another con is that the grip makes surrounding buttons and dials somewhat harder to access. The folding part does help, but it's an extra step to take.
The Lensmate version has excellent fit and finish, very well made.

Back