Fuji X-Pro3 first impressions

At 3fps and above via the drive button, "clarity" is no longer selectable. Truthfully, this isn't a problem for me. However, it does look like there may be a few inadequacies with the complexity of the "clarity" function and the buffer size/write speed.
My wife, a retired broadcast engineering prof., wondered if using a second SD would be like striping across two or more drives. On the "3" there's an option found under "save data setup" under the "wrench" icon. There's a choice for separating the JPEG and RAW files between the two cards . I'm curious if it might help or hinder the buffer.
. . . David

A couple more from today
2019_1203_21035200-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
2019_1203_21035700-01.jpeg
2019_1203_21041300-01-01.jpeg

I have to say I'm loving the handling. It is subtly different to both the X-Pro1 and 2. It feels more refined, somehow, with less sharp edges. The design is cleaner, both physically and aesthetically. The ability to assign buttons to your own needs is very handy, and I love being able to name the film sims as I please. I have assigned the button above the Q to my custom setups and can flip them in an instant without taking the camera from my eye. The hidden screen took me no more than a nanosecond to get used to, but then I never have been a chimper.

This has all the makings of a very special camera indeed. It reminds me so much of my favourite Leica, a .85 M7, which travelled with me everywhere for over a decade.

Don't pilots say "if it looks right, it will fly right"? This has that air of rightness.

That is a Nissan Figaro, I believe.
I think it is too...

To be honest, it was so perfectly parked to form the image that I was suspicious that it was deliberate - it's just a hundred yards from Covent Garden Market - hardly the easiest place on the planet to find a space...

The young ladies in shot were snapping the front of the hotel. The positioning of the chef was a bonus. I might do a bit of post on this one, to play around with the tones.

I'm starting to use the 18mm more. I've been hearing somewhere that because if the new OVF magnification, you can't really use the OVF framelines with the 18mm and 16mm as well as narrower end of the lens line up. Is this true? or are these people pulling my leg?

I haven't had the chance to play around with one yet.

I'm starting to use the 18mm more. I've been hearing somewhere that because if the new OVF magnification, you can't really use the OVF framelines with the 18mm and 16mm as well as narrower end of the lens line up. Is this true? or are these people pulling my leg?
That's right. It says on the reviews that 23mm marks the widest you can comfortably use. It's a crazy step-back magnification-wise from the XPro2. For others, it can be a step up.

That's right. It says on the reviews that 23mm marks the widest you can comfortably use. It's a crazy step-back magnification-wise from the XPro2. For others, it can be a step up.

Thanks for the info. I feel a bit deflated, I was looking forward to upgrading my camera. I guess I'll wait and see what they release in the future.

My comment is not about the grip in the link above. It’s about how bad the Dura finish looks in the XPro 3 images in the article. That is all.

My comment is not about the grip in the link above. It’s about how bad the Dura finish looks in the XPro 3 images in the article. That is all.
That was my impression exactly. I'm all for a harder finish (although I am not "cruel" to my kit and have always sold on unmarked) but I think the Dura finish would drive me nuts. I know I would spend more time cleaning it than shooting.

Wait until the summer, when you grab your camera for a quick shot having just applied suncream... You try and get them suckers off... When I saw the demo version in Dura I very quickly specified standard black. Life is too short and not quite brutal enough for Dura...

As an aside, I have quite large hands. The handling of my XPro1 and 2, and all the XEs and X100s that I have owned has been improved for me by the addition of a grip. The XPro3 is the first Fuji I have had where I don't feel I need a little extra to hold.

Back