Fuji X-Pro3 first impressions

Fuji X Summit being held on the 24th. Usually means a couple cameras and lenses.

Hoping one of those is an X-Pro4, but no firm rumours as of yet. Only that one camera will be the X-S20. I can't see that consumer model being the only body released at such an event, so expect something higher end in the X lineup, or a GFX model.

Fuji X Summit being held on the 24th. Usually means a couple cameras and lenses.

Hoping one of those is an X-Pro4, but no firm rumours as of yet. Only that one camera will be the X-S20. I can't see that consumer model being the only body released at such an event, so expect something higher end in the X lineup, or a GFX model.

Please let there be a mono camera, I still have 5 lenses in X mount.

With the X-Pro3 being discontinued and new cameras mostly out of stock, the prices for used X-Pro3 seem to have skyrocketed. Today I checked MPB for some filters and lenses, but I couldn't help myself to also check their Fujifilm listings. A regular "Black" XP3 actually sells for more than what I paid for mine two years ago, the "Dura" models are actually as expensive as their new counterparts from actual camera stores. The X-Pro2 also has seen another price hike.
I guess as long as there is no successor and no comparable camera from any other company, the situation might get even worse.

Quite the irony: Lately I've noticed some video suggestions on my Youtube front page showing the XP3 as the "better" alternative for the X100V, as the compact Fujifilm is also difficult to get new (although it hasn't been discontinued!) and 2nd hand prices are out of control.

With the X-Pro3 being discontinued and new cameras mostly out of stock, the prices for used X-Pro3 seem to have skyrocketed. Today I checked MPB for some filters and lenses, but I couldn't help myself to also check their Fujifilm listings. A regular "Black" XP3 actually sells for more than what I paid for mine two years ago, the "Dura" models are actually as expensive as their new counterparts from actual camera stores. The X-Pro2 also has seen another price hike.
I guess as long as there is no successor and no comparable camera from any other company, the situation might get even worse.

Quite the irony: Lately I've noticed some video suggestions on my Youtube front page showing the XP3 as the "better" alternative for the X100V, as the compact Fujifilm is also difficult to get new (although it hasn't been discontinued!) and 2nd hand prices are out of control.
I wonder whether this will translate to some of their lenses? There's one or two primes I can think of where I can envisage the skyrocketing premium being paid.

Given the proliferation of screen issues on the XPRO 3, I’m surprised it is as desired in the used market as it is.

I can see the XPRO2 still having some appeal and against the X100 series it is the choice of you want interchangeable lenses.

I wonder whether this will translate to some of their lenses? There's one or two primes I can think of where I can envisage the skyrocketing premium being paid.
Only if the lenses in question get discontinued.
Given the proliferation of screen issues on the XPRO 3, I’m surprised it is as desired in the used market as it is.

I can see the XPRO2 still having some appeal and against the X100 series it is the choice of you want interchangeable lenses.
I considered getting another Pro2. They are still selling around $1100 in good condition the last time I checked.

Back