• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum, join now for free! Welcome! 欢迎! स्वागत हे! ようこそ!

Fuji Showcase X-S1 sample images

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
Being lazy, I recently often carry just a X-S1 instead of a system camera backpack around, and I doubt I'd be able to find and change lenses quickly enough (not to mention that I do not have a 600mm equivalent lens for my X-E1) to take snapshots like these:

DSCF7057 by ricopress, on Flickr

DSCF7055 by ricopress, on Flickr

Here's a DR400% comparison:

JPEG (Astia):

DSCF7052 by ricopress, on Flickr

RAW (Lightroom 4.4):

DSCF7033 by ricopress, on Flickr

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
You are selling it to me. Considering 55-200 lens for my XE1 when it comes out, but have to say this may be better value on the whole?

Joey Wilson

Regular
Mar 19, 2012
I (happily) own an X-S1, and I'll be the first to admit it takes a lot for me to get close to DX or FX quality: It's just the relative disadvantage of the smaller sensor. Nobdy is trading in their D7000 to buy one of these for image quality. It's very good for what it is, but just like the old days, it's hard to get 6x7 results from 35mm.

But . . . . as a 'Swiss Army Camera' it's utterly terrific. And if all you're ever going to print is 4x6 or 8x10, or post to the web, if you do your homework, it'll get you there just fine. It's a hoot to travel with one body, the EF42 flash, and a couple spare batteries for both, a spare memory card. And with this, I can go from super macro to 600mm+ with the twist of the zoom and a few keystrokes. And if you have an X10, it's the same camera with a BIG zoom.

View attachment 2321View attachment 2322View attachment 2323View attachment 2324View attachment 2325

Attachments

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
I lent my X-S1 to a friend for a little Safari in Zimbabwe. He's just returned with a heap of RAWs, and I put 30 of them trough Lightroom 5 and Aperture 3.4.5 yesterday night:

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011

My friend immediately bought the X-S1 for himself upon his return. It arrived earlier today. I reckon his Sony SLT A-55 and Zeiss zoom won't see much usage in the future.

Steve

Rookie
Feb 8, 2013
excellent images !!!! :D
terrific images of the close-ups of the elephants
lion looks like its deciding whats for lunch
lets see some more...

steve

Joey Wilson

Regular
Mar 19, 2012
I never understand why this little monster is overlooked; certainly if you're into 'bridge' cameras, there's nothing better. Everything else feels like a plastic toy. I'm very disappointed that it won't be continued, but will be very interested in Sony's new RX10, a camera which Fuji could have made easily, and probably better. Especially disaapointing inasmuch as they've crammed the XP sensor into as many variations as possible.

And I'll say it again: The camera that is begging to fill their range would be a variation on this body with the XP sensor and an X-mount flange on the front. Then you could mount any and all of the X-mount lenses on a rangefinder-ish body (X-Pro), your generic digital-brick body (the XE's, etc.) and a mirrorless/DSLR style body: Never been done before.

Shivakumar

Rookie
Mar 24, 2014
Beautiful photos from Zimbabwe
They definitely have that vintage film look
I went on Safari to India recently with the X-S1
Will upload some photos on here soon

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom