Fuji X-T1 Delivery dates

woop.. look at that! (from Amazon)

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on March 16, 2014 (Order# xyz):

"Fujifilm X-T1 16 MP Compact System Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)"
Estimated arrival date: March 29, 2014

Good for you Brandon!

Let us know how the 4-way buttons feel.

Thanks.. We'll see when it actually shows up, so far it hasn't shipped.. just an estimate. ;)

I will definitely let you know how the buttons feel, though I've never held an xt-1 so no real frame of reference. I'll see if I can find a youtube video of someone demonstrating them.

they feel like they're at the very bottom of their travel. there is no tactile feel to them. they're especially difficult when you're out in the cold.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

wow! that was fast. i barely posted this a couple hours ago for someone else in another thread:

qa3yze7u.jpg

now:

y7yha4ys.jpg

haha.

they feel like they're at the very bottom of their travel. there is no tactile feel to them. they're especially difficult when you're out in the cold.

These have a click to them.. well, 3 out of the 4 do anyways.. I think I see what you're saying, my 'right' button has a bit less travel and response than the other 3. So I think they definitely did something to them if there was no tactile feel before.

i'll be sending mine in for evaluation once i get back from my next site. my 'up' and especially my 'right' are very flattened. 'left' is the only one that feels better than the rest, but still quite difficult.

I'm thinking I may just hang on to my original X-T1. The light leak isn't really an issue for me as I don't use a remote or do extremely long exposures. I'll probably wait a while until the repair rush has settled down before sending it in. Maybe they'll be addressing the buttons at that time too.

Well, I changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Just received the second body I ordered on 3/19.

No light leaks and, yes, the buttons are better.

x-t1 + vertical grip are finally available at henry's to those who pre-ordered. hopefully, these don't have the horrible buttons.

Not that one should have to, but over on Fuji X Forum there have been some fairly creative ways of improving the buttons ranging from layers of gaffer tape, to adhesive leather pieces cut in the shape of the buttons, to stick on craft 'pearls' meant for scrapbooking or other crafts.

those buttons being flat/thin isn't what i'm having an issue with - it's that i can't push them down. well, all but the 'left' which barely has a slight click. all the rest especially the 'right' don't move down because it's like they're almost pushed in. i have to apply quite a bit of force just to get them to initiate anything. imagine a keyboard key that doesn't spring back up. that's what mine are like.

Amazon still appears to have more than a dozen cameras in stock and isn't closed for Passover, unlike B&H and Adorama. I'll be buying mine from Amazon seeing as I have some store credits there, but seeing as the 56mm is still out of stock it doesn't make sense for me to sit around staring at a camera with no lens on it.

Back