Fuji X-T1 Delivery dates

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
So, I spoke to my crack dealer yesterday, to confirm my final order - X-T1, Vertical Grip, 56mm 1.2. I was told that first deliveries are now expected, in the UK at least, on 9th March.

One distributor in the US is showing the first week of March for the X-T1. Also showing next week for the 56 and a lot of backorders for the rebated lenses.

I am hoping that it gets released early as some people in Japan have reported getting their hand one one already.

Unfortunately, both Henry's and Amazon have confirmed that they do not expect to get their stock before the first week of March. :mad:

Scribbled on Galaxy Note 3.

I have to say, I do have a fundamental issue with the placing of multiple orders with multiple dealers... by doing so you are a) planning from the outset to break an agreement with 2 out of 3 potential suppliers b) artificially inflating those suppliers' "forward load" (revenue forecasts) and c) artificially inflating order numbers at Fuji. I have moral and ethical objections to that.

I preordered at Henry's, Adorama and B&H. Let's see how gets it first :)

I have to say, I do have a fundamental issue with the placing of multiple orders with multiple dealers... by doing so you are a) planning from the outset to break an agreement with 2 out of 3 potential suppliers b) artificially inflating those suppliers' "forward load" (revenue forecasts) and c) artificially inflating order numbers at Fuji. I have moral and ethical objections to that.

Objection overruled! :D The man has to get his fix from somewhere. :rolleyes:

I agree, but, it's not like the cameras from the canceled orders won't sell right away... and I only have 1 pre-ordered... ;-)

And how does any of this effect the consumer or the company? It is a lot better than people who buy cameras with no intention on keeping them and just return them after using them for few days.

Scribbled on Galaxy Note 3.

In the past for the X100 back several years ago, I did do several pre-orders. I bought one for myself and someone else; his came in first (I was way too nice to give him his first!) and then mine. I did, however, cancel my other pre-orders in advance. I am pretty darn positive they had no problem selling those X100 cameras because people were drooling over them.

It looks like the eta for the X-T1 might be getting moved up in the US. Might be seeing them later this week. However this same distributor has been moving the 10-24 and 56 dates back and forth, so we'll see.

In Korea, the 22nd is the launch date I think.

Amazon in the US, sent me a message a week ago telling me my battery grip would be "Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 by 8:00pm"

Still no estimated date for my X-T1 though..

I'm just waiting on my 56/1.2 preorder, which I did at like 5AM at B&H the day of announcement. B&H shows early March for current orders (not sure if that's for ALL orders). The more I see from this lens, the more I am itchy waiting for it, and it's like it can't come soon enough. After this, my Fuji lens lineup is essentially complete. If they released an 85/2 or a 300/4, I might be tempted, and I might eventually get the 10-24, but there's no real driver on that one with the 14mm in my bag...

Come on, 56....

Back