Fuji X-T1 face detection misfocus

tham

hi all,

Anyone experience such before when focusing using face detection mode, green box is locked onto the face and shutter is pressed. However when playback, the image appears to be out of focus. Face detected green box is still shown on the face however the background is focused instead. Hence, the person appeared to be blur.

Any idea?

Thanks!

I have used to get the same with my X-E2. It says 'face detected' in playback, but fucus was clearly on the background. X-E2 with firmware 4 should be same as X-T1 in face detection.

With the new firmware 4:00 I've not seen the issue when I use also use eye detection -although the eye detection seems to focus on the further eye rather than the closest when set to auto.

FD and ED work mostly well for me. I always try to position a small AF frame over the eye as a fallback. And I shoot faces in manual mode, because I don't want the camera to mess with the exposure depending on wether the face was correctly detected or not. I don't appreciate the AE part of FD/ED, only the AF part.

Back