Fuji X-T1 First Look follow-up questions

I have a quick question, I been following the X-T1 and sold my NEX system because I got tired of Sony seemingly forgetting their existing users and releasing just more cameras, so I guess the question would be is the T1 worth the $400 extra over the X-E2, obviously the EVF seems to be great but the iso wheel with the lock seems to be not as intuitive as hoped and some buttons appear really crammed over the X-E2 design, right now I have the T1 pre-ordered, but just wondering. I been searching and haven't been able to find much of an answer, specially since both have the same sensor.

I have a quick question, I been following the X-T1 and sold my NEX system because I got tired of Sony seemingly forgetting their existing users and releasing just more cameras, so I guess the question would be is the T1 worth the $400 extra over the X-E2, obviously the EVF seems to be great but the iso wheel with the lock seems to be not as intuitive as hoped and some buttons appear really crammed over the X-E2 design, right now I have the T1 pre-ordered, but just wondering. I been searching and haven't been able to find much of an answer, specially since both have the same sensor.

I can't say you if paying 400 bucks more is good for you. There's a market for every model. Personally, the X-T1 will be "my" camera in 2014. It's the best Fuji offering for my needs. You are right about the different UI, the T1 needs some getting used to for me as E2 user.

you'll know, better, once you get to lay your hands across it.

i've got large hands - the only thing that keeps me from accidentally pushing all the buttons on the back of my x-e2 across the length of my entire thumb is my RRS grip and especially my lensmate thumb rest. i'm wondering where my thumb will naturally rest on the x-t1 & vertical grip.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

i'm going to be in vegas for a week and a half this coming monday. would be nice to have the x-t1 and xf56 already.

so does the grip fit only one battery?

two in the grip, yes. ;)

it's nothing serious. just, it would be nice to have a third in the grip than my pocket especially when already attaching that added bulk. and sometimes i rather leave my camera bag behind if i'm sticking to one lens. i can go through three (third-party) batteries in a day as long as i'm not doing any long exposures.

- oh, is there any indication on which battery it's currently using?

- when display/back button is long-pressed, does it go into stealth mode?

(speaking of batteries, my extra two third party ones just arrived. lol)

Here's a nice question for you, Rico: how soon do you think the weather sealed lenses will come out? I've read "mid year"... And I can't help but wonder what the price for say the 16-55mm will be??

My G.A.S. is telling me that this new camera might just be the one X to rule them all...for me who has waited on the sidelines for so long.

P.S. I'm adding this info from a thread on Dpreview:
When Fujifilm released an updated lens road map at CES 2014, it kept something secret: that several of the lenses on it will be weather-resistant to match the X-T1. The lenses in question are the XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF 16-55mm F2.8 R OIS WR, and XF 50-140mm F2.8 R OIS WR. The bad news is that these lenses won't be available until mid year.
only because I did a quick search and found it there. If someone knows a direct link to the info on Fuji's page or yours Rico's, please add the info.

a7anavys.jpg

Fujifilm Lens Roadmap Updated, New Weather-Sealed Lenses Revealed

Back