Fuji X-T1 Light Leak and Fix

When I sent my X-T1 in for the light leak service, Fuji did not replace or refurb the buttons on my D-pad. I actually don't have any trouble using them as it turns out, and ironically enough, the buttons on the used, but the used, LNIB, E-M1 I bought a week ago, and received yesterday, are harder to use than the X-T1's.

Regardless, I have to say the E-M1 is a very impressive camera. The absolute image quality cannot match the Fujis, but the camera has very fast AF, an excellent EVR, operation is very responsive, and it has an excellent feature set. Also has a very rugged-feeling build quality. Most of all, like the X-Pro1 and X-T1, it is a very fun camera to use and shoot with.

With all these superb mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras and wonderful lenses these days, we are really suffering from an embarrassment of riches. Life's good...

When I sent mine in for the light leak repair, I got the same camera back. For the sensor problem, though, they definitely sent me a new one. In addition to not having the soft release and screen protector that had been on my first one, it has a new serial number, which is noted on the paperwork, although they didn't explicity state they'd sent a new camera. There's some weird four letter code though, so it might somehow indicate that they'd just sent a replacement unit.

-Ray

Glad that you got a new camera!

I was secretly hoping that they would send me a new camera too since dropping the camera to cause the screen to crack might have caused internal damage, but nope, got the same one back..

finally got my xt1, back. apparently, they replaced it with a new body. in the remarks section, they mention a complete check, and "motherboard cover is missing." could that be the reason for the d-pad problem? idk...

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Back