Fuji x-t1 remote firing

koproza

Hi,
I have a x-t1 which I wanted to setup as a remote camera on various sport events I shoot. The setup would be to fire-off the x-t1 from another camera I have on hand. This would normally work with my nikons via remote triggers (Atlas I from Phottix) where one atlas is placed on the hot shoe of the camera I have in hand and the other atlas is cable connected to the remote body.
In other words:
Pressing shutter on a on hand nikon body is passing signal to atlas trigger, which transmits via radio the signal onto second trigger, then via cable into the mic/remote socket of the x-t1.
However this setup is not working. Whenever I take the first atlas off of the nikon hot shoe and use the trigger shoot button, the x-t1 works fine.
The same setup with two nikons (one on hand and the other remote) works without issue.
Have anyone come across similar problem with remote triggering of the x-t1 cameras?
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
Regards,
Piotr

Hi Rico,
The Phottix Atlas I is basically a copy of the Pocketwizard Plus II offering the same functionality. Both are no longer on the market, first for infringing the copyrights of Pocketwizard, and the second just being discontinued.
Thanks anyway for looking.
Piotr

Back