Fuji X-t1 screen protector

i'd prefer one with no coloured border. but let us know how that one does outdoors, particularly with glare and how clear it actually is. i've had acmaxx in the past for some other cameras.

i posted a pic of mine somewhere on here. can't find it, and i'm drawing a blank for the brand. it's a hair larger than the screen itself which, personally, i don't like. i have the same one for my x-e2 which is a hair smaller than the screen like i prefer. but the protector itself is really good.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

so, i picked up one of these acmaxx hard screens. i think it's great for protection. but compared to my other xt1 body with a Martin Fields film screen, the colours are much better through the film than the hard screen. the blacks are deeper, and whites are whiter through the film screen as well. i think they both handle fingerprints the same if not better on the hard screen. but the hard screen drives me crazy with how much dust clings onto it.

*Martin

Martin Fields, excuse me.

Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (FujiFilm X-T1) by MartinFields http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZJ40Y0/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_iGSDtb1PK5QHB

just to note, I've also used Vikuiti from 3M to good success on some past non-fuji bodies.

also, for the Martin Fields, as much as possible, if you're applying, lining from the left, go a hair to the right. you don't want that left edge to catch and lift.

Unfortunatley, I bought that Martin Fields overlay and it was the worst screen protector I've ever used. I put it on the usual way (clean the screen, use stickers to lift any dust etc) and it seemed to go on just fine. But within a day or two it was forming bubbles underneath and peeled right off the screen after only a week or two, to the point I couldn't keep it in place at all.

A bit disappointing as I've used plenty of screen protectors and never had this happen.

did it start from the left? this happened with my first one for my first xt1 only because i lined it up perfectly flush on the left side. because the edge of the screen isn't really square, the left edge of the film protector would catch on my clothing and lifted. once air got under, it was over.

did it start from the left? this happened with my first one for my first xt1 only because i lined it up perfectly flush on the left side. because the edge of the screen isn't really square, the left edge of the film protector would catch on my clothing and lifted. once air got under, it was over.

Yeah, it sounds like something quite similar. I'm not sure exactly where it started (the initial problem was air bubbles in the middle which was really weird), but the bottom left hand corner was definitely the worst offender with it lifting up and peeling.

i had a picture i posted somewhere on here that showed it. i wasn't posting for that reason though. can't find where i posted that pic though.

so far, so good on my second attempt on the xt1...

5ypa8adu.jpg

still holding up on the xe2 since last year...

4atate5a.jpg

sorry they're not that clear.

From my experience Expert Shield are pretty good too. Have them on my X100, X10, iPhones and iPad.

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot

here's the acmaxx on my other xt1...

3a3u4eru.jpg

notice the dust? it's a magnet for it. i even prepared and applied it in the bathroom after a hot shower. and a long piece of dust still somehow got sandwiched in between. and my CDO is driving me crazy because of it.

Back