Fuji X-T1 Shutter Count

mytakerhl

Hello All,
I have been a dslr shooter for 10 or so years now, but the new mirrorless systems and the image quality they deliver (among other great features) has swept me off my feet. And so recently I got the Fuji X-T1 and have been very happy with it. I am now at the crossroads where I am trying to decide as to wheather or not I could switch to a full line of Fuji gear for my pro work, and get rid of my old heavy DSLRs. A major decision for me as I will have to sell my old gear to partially fund my new mirrorless gear. My concern is this: Will a mirrorless camera be able to take the riggors of high volume pro shooting? To be more specific, just what is the maximum actuation life of the X-T1? It's clear that the mirrorless does not have the reflex system that dslrs have. And so does that mean that the issue of maximum "shutter count" does not apply to it?:confused:

I have no idea, and I'm also curious. I've had the XT1 since March and I'm over 11,000 pictures, much less shutter actuations. Here's hoping I don't find out what the upper limit is...

I don't think there are many (if any) mirrorless system cameras with a built-in shutter counter that can be accessed by the user. After all, what is "shutter count" in MILC world? For every picture you take, the shutter has to close and open twice. It starts open with the live view, than has to close to get to the starting position for picture-taking, then opens and closes to take the actual picture, than opens again to reinstate the live view. So image counters and shutter counters would be pretty different things in MILC world, potentially confusing the majority of users. That's why the X100S/T only display the shutter count in increments of 100.

I don't think there are many (if any) mirrorless system cameras with a built-in shutter counter that can be accessed by the user. After all, what is "shutter count" in MILC world? For every picture you take, the shutter has to close and open twice. It starts open with the live view, than has to close to get to the starting position for picture-taking, then opens and closes to take the actual picture, than opens again to reinstate the live view. So image counters and shutter counters would be pretty different things in MILC world, potentially confusing the majority of users. That's why the X100S/T only display the shutter count in increments of 100.
Make sense .
Need to dig if there is any moving parts inside the XT1 once you pressing the shutter

Here is the way to track your shutter count with the X-T1. Depending if you shoot RAW or JPEG with it, in your LCD screen upper right hand corner it will indicate how many images you can shoot on the card. So just right it down and keep notes. I'm only at 56 images with mine so I have that logged and dated when I started.

Thing is, I agree with Rico. It's no longer a meaningful measure of camera usage or longevity. Back in the day when shutter crates were mechanical marvels, with titanium blades travelling faster than a speeding bullet for exposure after exposure, it did have some significance - one did not want to buy a decent-looking, "nearly new" Nikon F4 or EOS-1 for example and find that a sports photographer had put 100,000 frames through it in a couple of weeks while covering the Olympics. Today it gives far less indication of use.

Back