Fuji X-T1 vs Pro2 and remote shutter control

Tmoes

I've got the Cable/USB thing and used to test - and not /never more.
compared to an old wire type, the USB is bulkier, increases the cameras size considerabile and opens up for foture contact issues. (so I've gonna try a radios controlled one)

The new Pro2 has a wire control if don't see wrong, ther X-T1 has - said due to the weather sealing - not.

I've mailed Fuji Sweden and said "the USB remote sucks, I'm willing to pay for an Fuji aftermarket rebuild".

Tokyo - please!!

-J!

Um.

The X-T1 has Wi-Fi... with the "Fujifilm Camera Remote" app - does that not do what you want?

I know, but Nope, the wifi request a smartphone and then I'm relying on the poor battery performance and the poor low temperature durability of the phone.
The remote shutter is to reduce shaking, the work to put on the wire release compared to the wifi / menu work is a no brainer for me, mechanical rules!

-J!

As you wish. There is a way to achieve what you want but you choose not to use it. That's entirely your choice of course, and I get it - I don't use electronic boarding passes for the same reason - but there is a way.

Let us know what response you get.

Well, If Fuji would make a rebuild for the shutter to the existing X-T1's I'd be happily surprised. Perhaps Fuji could give the card slot a duality, as it clearly looks to be the idea..

If i get a response, yup, i'll come back!

Re the boarding and smartphones, indeed I've seen how wrong it can go.. ;-)

-J!

Quite ;)

As to Fuji, I suspect you will get an "it is what it is"-type response. I think your best hope for a hardware improvement lies in the X-T2 which I expect to be announced in the next 12 months, possibly even at Photokina alongside a revamped X100...

We have the cable remote release, the USB/RR-90 remote release, the mic-input remote release and the Wifi remote release. That's a choice of 4 different remote release options. That should do. There are plenty of (cheaper) aftermarket options for these inputs, too.

Agree there are many options, but even with the 4 mentioned the paramount option, mechnical wirem is missing. The USB with a plastic cable, hardening in low temperatures (I live in Mid-Sweden) is not good, smartphone and a touch (untouch too often) screen and self killing battery is a joke. The wire is soo much easiier to use amd stor in your pocket. But I won't buy the T2 if it has a wire control..
So I explore the JJC radio device, 35 USD is OK foor a toy with not too high build quality.

-J!

Back