Fuji X-T10 firmware update wishlist

This makes no sense. I buy Fuji lenses with aperture rings. And set the aperture the same way regardless of which lens is on the body. I see the f stop through the view finder and on the rear screen. The only difference between this and when I had my DSLR kit, is that the aperture is controlled from the lens instead of a wheel on the camera body.
...and that difference is huge! Switching from adjusting the aperture with you left hand on a lens to doing it with your right hand on a body is inconsistent. I don't understand what else would you call it!

2. The only true aperture ring is a mechanical one and those can only be found on the old manual lenses. All today's "aperture rings" are actually "aperture dials" that were put on a lens instead of the camera body.

I think you will find you are alone on this one...

... I don't understand what else would you call it!
I'd call it a consequence of using lenses from two different ranges at two different price points. Don't forget that anyone - and there are a lot, by all accounts - who uses an adaptor to mount a legacy lens will use the aperture ring. I really don't understand your issue here. Perhaps you should try one of the other lenses in the Fuji range and see if you prefer that. The 16-50, maybe.

...and that difference is huge! Switching from adjusting the aperture with you left hand on a lens to doing it with your right hand on a body is inconsistent. I don't understand what else would you call it!
I call it a minimal change. But I may have more shooting experience under my belt. For me it's just a matter of seeing where the controls are and shooting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using FujiXspot mobile app

I think you will find you are alone on this one...

I'd call it a consequence of using lenses from two different ranges at two different price points. Don't forget that anyone - and there are a lot, by all accounts - who uses an adaptor to mount a legacy lens will use the aperture ring. I really don't understand your issue here. Perhaps you should try one of the other lenses in the Fuji range and see if you prefer that. The 16-50, maybe.
There is no other system out there with such an erratic behavior. All other systems have their lenses behave the same way no matter if it's cheap or expensive ones. Most of the people who buy cheap manual legacy lenses are buying them because they are cheap, not necessarily because they are good. The modern day lenses are much better than the old ones, but also more expensive.
As for the 16-50mm: I don't use it because it's slower and optically inferior to my 18-55. If I wanted to use that type of lenses I would have stayed with Sony

I call it a minimal change. But I may have more shooting experience under my belt. For me it's just a matter of seeing where the controls are and shooting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using FujiXspot mobile app
Then you've found your perfect system. For though the system feels half baked and I'm trying to improve it and this is the reason I started this topic

Well, I wrote to Fuji Head Office in Tokyo with my App suggestions. If you feel so strongly that the system is "half-baked", why not do the same?
Excellent idea! I just don't know who do I contact at Fuji. I would be glad to get some contact information you be so kind to share it with me.

Excellent idea! I just don't know who do I contact at Fuji. I would be glad to get some contact information you be so kind to share it with me.
Flysurfer has already provided that information earlier in this thread. I simply applied his advice at a global level. It's not hard. If you go back and reread the interview links that I provided, you even have some names to work with. Please let us know what response you get.

Turns out I’m not the only one complaining about the Fuji’s controls. Here’s what Gordon Laing from the Cameralabs.com has to say in his mostly positive review of X-T1:

In future please do not quote large passages verbatim. Provision of a link makes your point and does not run the risk of infringing copyright.

To the point, I have no idea who Mr. Laing is, but he is as entitled to his opinion as you are. This will become a very long and boring thread indeed if it becomes a quote-fest. You have your answer, your course of action and at least one quote that shares your view. Now let's see what Fuji says, eh?

Then you've found your perfect system. For though the system feels half baked and I'm trying to improve it and this is the reason I started this topic

I never said it was perfect. I've yet to find the perfect system. What I did say is that I learn my gear and shoot with it. Because I have a lot of experience. That is what photographers do. My suggestion at this point is for you to write an email with your wish list to Fuji. Then put your time and energy into learning the gear you have in hand and practice shooting techniques. You will find that, with minimal practice, the Fuji system is easy to master and become a reflexive part of your shooting technique.

Back