X-T2 ACROS issues

Actually, if you send me one of the RAF files with this long distance vistas, I would like to play myself with the different parameters to see if there is anything that would work. Here in Michigan we kind of lack that kind of scenery...

OK. The raf files are compressed, but still circa 25MB. I will upload one of them to my website later this morning, and post a link to it here. Thanks!

Alright, try this:
- Film Simulation: Pro Neg Hi, - White Balance: auto, - White Balance shift: -2 -3, Highlight Tone: +1, - Shadow Tone: 0, - Sharpness: +2, - Color +2, - Noise Reduction: -4.
XT2F8829.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the last one best, too. The darker blue sky adds lots to the photograph, and brings out the clouds more.

But if added some sharpening and contrast to the SOOC jpeg, it might not look very different from this, and the sky is even a bit darker blue.

I think there was some misunderstanding. I am not using any software to replicate anything: I am using my X-T2 to "tune" its setting to produce JPEGs that are as close as possible to what I would produce in Lightroom. I think I mentioned this in one of my previous posts - I always shoot raw, but sometimes I wish I did not have to do anything in Lightroom - so I found that on my X-T2 by changing the JPEG settings I can get pretty close to a JPEG that I like SOOC. For example, I am out in the street and want to share a picture with someone on the fly, I want to give them something I am confident I would like to share. For that kind of scenarios it is critical to know the output of the camera well.

So these settings are what I dial in my camera, in its custom settings, to get straight out of the camera JPEGs that do not need post production, or need just very minor editing.
Of course there is only so much one can do in camera, but not all pictures really need time spent on Lightroom if you can get good results SOOC.

All this because I have never been particularly happy with the default Fuji settings, and also found that different scenes do require different parameters.
So this is it. Just a few sets of custom settings that one can store in the camera and can easily recall.

That being said, ALL the pictures I posted are SOOC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there was some misunderstanding. I am not using any software to replicate anything: I am using my X-T2 to "tune" its setting to produce JPEGs that are as close as possible to what I would produce in Lightroom. I think I mentioned this in one of my previous posts - I always shoot raw, but sometimes I wish I did not have to do anything in Lightroom - so I found that on my X-T2 by changing the JPEG settings I can get pretty close to a JPEG that I like SOOC. For example, I am out in the street and want to share a picture with someone on the fly, I want to give them something I am confident I would like to share. For that kind of scenarios it is critical to know the output of the camera well.

So these settings are what I dial in my camera, in its custom settings, to get straight out of the camera JPEGs that do not need post production, or need just very minor editing.
Of course there is only so much one can do in camera, but not all pictures really need time spent on Lightroom if you can get good results SOOC.

All this because I have never been particularly happy with the default Fuji settings, and also found that different scenes do require different parameters.
So this is it. Just a few sets of custom settings that one can store in the camera and can easily recall.

That being said, ALL the pictures I posted are SOOC.

Thanks for clarifying that you're converting Merlin's RAW image in camera! I should have thought of that - duh!!

Back