Fuji X-T2 in Japan? / HDR

mesmerized

Regular
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it'll be possible to buy X-T2 in Japan somewhere around August 20th?

Also, X-T1 had a very limited HDR mode. Does X-T2 have a more advanced one?

Thanks!

I reckon worldwide store-date is early September.

The T2 is great with HDR, as 2 images are sufficient to extend DR by up to 7 EV (ISOless sensor), and ±2 EV (= 4 EV) exposure difference is usually more than okay to raise the shot noise floor to a level where the very low read noise of the sensor can kick in for an additional push of up to 3 EV (4+3=7).

My tests show that expanding DR by 7 EV with 2 RAWs works very well, all you need is a converter that can merge RAWs files. I use Lightroom with its HDR-DNG function. Works like a charm, and the method is also covered in my X-Pro2 book.

I don't know what to do. I have a chance to sell my Olympus E-M5mk2, but then I will be left without a camera for my trip in Japan... X-T2 comes out in September... I've been considering going FF and getting a Sony A7ii...

you could always rent a camera. I wouldn't buy a camera based on when it is available for sale. I would choose which to buy based on which camera system appealed most based on whatever factors are most important to me.

Is you E-M5mk.II going to be worth several hundred dollars less in another month or so?

you could always rent a camera. I wouldn't buy a camera based on when it is available for sale. I would choose which to buy based on which camera system appealed most based on whatever factors are most important to me.

Is you E-M5mk.II going to be worth several hundred dollars less in another month or so?

Thanks Luke.

The thing is that I'll be back in Europe in two week's time... Once I'm again in Shanghai, China there's no way I can sell my E-M5mk2 here.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, E-M5mk2 is a lovely camera. Stunning in many ways. I love the way it feels in my hands, I love its styling, its super precise, and on top of that I've always been a very loyal Olympus fan... I'd never sell it... but I can't get over the sensor issue. I know for many it's a petty thing, but there are types of photography for which having a larger sensor is a clear advantage...

Maybe buying a used older Fuji body for your trip would be a possibility and then you can buy the X-T2 when it's available and you'll have a back-up body. The shots I captured (and others I have seen) with my X-Pro1 and X-E1 (both dirt cheap now on the used market) are fairly indistinguishable from what the results will be from X-T2.

Just another idea to consider

Thanks again Luke. That's not a bad idea at all... I just don't have a very good memory of my first X-T1... The way green areas were rendered was very disappointing and that made me go back to Olympus.

Back