Fuji X-T3 before the X-Pro3?

Fuji seems to take a lot of time with their X-pro line.

They released the X-pro early 2012 and haven't released the X-pro 2 until early 2016.

In between they released 2 XE models, 2 new X100 versions, the XF-1, the X20, the X30, 2 XA models, 2 XQ models, the XM1, the X-T1, and the X-T10.

I won't be too surprised if it takes them another 2-3 years to announce an X-Pro 3.

Which gives me another 2 - 3 years of saving so I can afford to finally upgrade my gear.

I'm also curious about Fuji's lens line up.
They've covered most of the popular prime focal lengths and the most commonly used zoom ranges. There's the rumoured ultrawide zoom and another teleprime. Are they going to re-release current versions? We've seen them re-release the 56 1.2 with the apodization filter. They've also re-released the 23 and 35 as f2 models with a smaller form factor, weather sealing, and faster af, are they planning to re-release new versions of the 18 f2 and the 90 f2? there's no end in combination of zoom ranges they can release as long as they can find a market for it.
Perhaps another 23 and 35 since they're the most popular focal lengths people use.

How about a 23 or 35 f1, weather sealed, with the push / pull clutch focusing ring, with the most up to date focusing motor for af speed? :flypig:

We'll see the 8-16 2.8 and 200 f2 this year. I think redoing the 18mm as a WR lens makes the most sense for the next re-release. As does an updated 35mm 1.4 with WR.

A 16-70mm f4 IS would make a lot of sense. That mimics a very popular zoom. A 35mm f.95, or 1.2, would be another very popular lens. I don't think there is much improvement which could be made with the 90mm, other than giving it Is.

I reckon a 16-70 would be a very popular range as it covers slightly more space than the 18-55 both on the wide and narrow end of the lens. I'm not so speed hungry these days and more interested in chararcter but there is still a big market for speed freaks, anything above 1.4 will popular.

Since I just got the X-Pro2 it wouldn't bother me if Fuji holds off on releasing an X-Pro3.

I would absolutely go for a 16-70, especially if it was a "compact" WR version, ideal for travel. It would definitely replace the 18-55 in my lineup and possibly even the 18-135.

• OMG, the X-Pro2 and X-T2 are so old and antiquated, I don’t know how we are going to survive until Photokina. I’m surprised that people can still manage to take decent photos with them

I really don't know what will happen but as far as I remember there was only two years between the X-T1 and the X-T2. Many people called it a big improvement of the older model. So if in two years time such a big improvement is possible than why not do that with the X-Pro serie. Just my two cents, but because I'm still thinking about an upgrade (doesn't need to be Fuji and doesn't have to be this year) I have more than usual interest in upcomming changes . . . .

Back